Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
Also let's face it, most people dislike the English because of our little Englander arrogant mentality..

I guess that must depend on the team /location they go to - I don't think there is really that much of it though

It also depends on the mentality of the player at the time as well

Permabanned
Phew. It's not as if the club have had hundreds of millions to 'bring success back'. More of the same if we are just going to rinse and repeat.

You mean sell Sanchez and waste it all on Bale who will be injured all the time. United will probably give them thier money back so they can chase Pogba or Mbappe. This is how it has been we are utter mugs in the transfer market. We literally give other clubs free money ask Juventus how easy it is to get 98m free.

Also on the 3 5 2 Dalot is a winger fullback and Shaw is more than ideal. You do not always use wingers you use people like Alves Carlos etc. And judging by how many CB combos we have been through putting three in there might be the only thing that works for us.

Soldato
You mean sell Sanchez and waste it all on Bale who will be injured all the time. United will probably give them thier money back so they can chase Pogba or Mbappe. This is how it has been we are utter mugs in the transfer market. We literally give other clubs free money ask Juventus.

Also on the 3 5 2 Dalot is a winger fullback and Shaw is more than ideal. You do not always use wingers you use people like Alves Carlos etc.

1stly highly unlikely even if Sanchez was actually sold that would be anywhere near enough to pay even Bale's transfer fee let alone wages - and it also looks like (which really wouldn't be that much of a surprise) that Sanchez is going to be given away for free anyway.

I wouldn't touch Bale now with a bargepole - even if the club had the summer to gamble with that kind of signing (which we don't) or to flush the money down the drain again - which we definitely should do

Permabanned
I agree Bale is a fools gamble his body is like an F1 car complicated and delicate. But United have been chasing these kind of fools deals like Sanchez. The only deals that work are those like Sacho or Martial is a good example even if United want to sell him we would be OK. With Bale you get chained to his huge wages for four years of his career. And the best part of that is close to over i think he peaked against Inter Milan to about this year.

Soldato
I agree Bale is a fools gamble his body is like an F1 car complicated and delicate. But United have been chasing these kind of fools deals like Sanchez. The only deals that work are those like Sacho or Martial is a good example even if United want to sell him we would be OK. With Bale you get chained to his huge wages for four years of his career. And the best part of that is close to over i think he peaked against Inter Milan to about this year.

Im actually not sure Utd would get their money back on Martial given we have paid majority of the add ons. I think he has now cost over £50m all together, and given his inconsistency / possibly mood issues too....it would be a bit of a gamble for someone to pay that fee (or more)…..I think Utd are gonna still with him for one more season anyway given he only just re-signed.

Soldato
We've supposedly agreed personal terms with Daniel James, but yet to close any deal with Swansea. Looks like an exciting and young player - I just hope he doesn't wallow on the bench and gets opportunities to play and develop.

Talksport are also reporting De Gea has refused to sign a new contract and if true, means selling him this summer rather than losing him for free next year.

He'll obviously be a great loss for the club but being honest, if he doesn't want to play for the club then I'm not too fussed. Far too many mercenaries in the club with over inflated egos that decide when they want to bother putting in the effort or not. Whilst that might not apply completely to De Gea, his performance at the end of this season did drop as he was going to contract negotiations.

Couldn't give two ***** about losing Pogba either. Absolutely zero point keeping such a talented player is they can't be bothered half the time.

Soldato
I agree and i think most fans would rather see us have a clear out of the egos and show the players that they're not bigger than the club. Hopefully that helps to show potential new players that we have a plan too and if we're interested in them they're a big part of our future.

Soldato
Christ, it was only Leeds in for James a couple of months back and now he's off to a top 6 Prem team, pretty mad turn of events.
Impossible to get any up and coming players without paying way over the odds or taking a bit of a gamble these days- this little amount of money, even if he doesn't work out we should get the transfer fee back anyway

I get that players with decent experience and skill should be expensive, especially if they have a long contract and still relatively young - but kids with little experience now going for 60-70m completely bonkers

Back
Top Bottom