World of Warcraft: Classic

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I don't know what the criteria is. He and I both played Korean and EU beta then retail so maybe it's account age? Who knows.

Nope, entirely random. Only prerequisites are that you have an active Retail sub and have opted into the beta.

Soldato
OP
Been part of the beta for as long as possible, I have both a EU and US WoW account on my B Net account yet haven't gotten into the beta, I wouldn't stress too much about it. It's entirely random.

If you're REALLY eager to play, hope on the Lights Hope vanilla server, just download the 1.12 client (a simple google will find this), sign up on the LH website, reconfigure the realmlist file to point to their servers and then play at your hearts content. Anything within the beta will be wiped out regardless so makes no difference where you play.

I've been doing this and running through my optional classes, rogue is DAMN fun but very gear dependent, I forgot how much so. Hunter is weak until you get a pet and even then it's still not that straight forward. Today I'm going to make a mage and see how that goes.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
I meeeeaaaaannn i have active game time but not a sub (not being contentious, just giving you all the info i have)

It's fine dude!

To fill our pool of beta and stress test participants, we’ll be choosing dedicated players who meet select criteria from both the WoW Classic beta opt-in and the standard Warcraft beta opt-in. Participants will also need to have an active subscription or active game time on their Battle.net Account. While opting-in to the beta is the primary way to make sure you’re in the running to join the test it doesn’t guarantee an invitation to the closed beta test. We may also consider additional factors such as how long a player has been subscribed to the game so that we have the right mix of players to ensure great feedback toward making WoW Classic the very best experience for the community.

Associate
Looking forward to playing this very slowly and casually, modern WoW after WOTLK just didn't hold my attention for very long, probably because the community side went missing with cross realm and phasing. Was not the same when you did not recognise the people around you.

Just flipping the coin between mage and lock. I main warrior and tanked MC/BWL lair back in the day and switched to lock for TBC, I guess with my limited time these days PVP will be what I mostly do unless I can find a guild that can work with my playtime.

Ske

Ske

Associate
Same as most people in 'ere really.. very undecided on what class to play. I mained a Rogue in vanilla and cleared the lot bar Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad in Naxx. How I maintained a relationship for so long is anyone's guess :D

I've played most classes along the way. Thinking maybe a Druid or Mage though.

Soldato
I was hunter in vanilla and spent every cool down possible dropping freeze traps under me.

I remember on my druid spending about 3 or 4 hours in a gank war in Alterac Highlands with an undead rogue. It just went on and on forever exchanging kills on each other and corpse camping :p

Won in the end and had him abusing me on the realm forums to leave him alone :D

Associate
Been part of the beta for as long as possible, I have both a EU and US WoW account on my B Net account yet haven't gotten into the beta, I wouldn't stress too much about it. It's entirely random.

If you're REALLY eager to play, hope on the Lights Hope vanilla server, just download the 1.12 client (a simple google will find this), sign up on the LH website, reconfigure the realmlist file to point to their servers and then play at your hearts content. Anything within the beta will be wiped out regardless so makes no difference where you play.

I've been doing this and running through my optional classes, rogue is DAMN fun but very gear dependent, I forgot how much so. Hunter is weak until you get a pet and even then it's still not that straight forward. Today I'm going to make a mage and see how that goes.

After having a free weekend in Retail the other month and realising how horrible it had become I fired up Lights Hope too.

In TBC my first character I levelled was a prot warrior which was very painful. Through TBC and WOTLK I levelled every class. This time I've gone holy paladin! (Wrath I did Prot Pally) Probably even slower to kill things than my prot warrior in TBC, but more survivability and no stopping to eat all the time as on the warrior.

This was my first time on a PvP server and I have to admit, some aspects of it are fun and have had some good moments interacting with Horde (I'm a pacifist character so never attack), but places such as STV involve so much corpse running. You can almost guarantee horde camping the Nessingwary camp, had to keep bubbling to run in and hand in quests. Tanaris is proving little better at the moment, especially lvl 60 rogues hiding in the tunnel to the pirates. The worst was being killed just as I was reaching the lifts to Thousand Needles by a 60 horde, and then having to corpse run from Durotar, must have taken 10-15 minutes to get back!

Have a feeling I may go PVE on Classic if I sign up again.

It is nice to be back to original WoW though, scraping together silver in the beginning to actually fly anywhere, having to group to do quests, and being more involved in the world. Even with only playing a couple of hours on a weekend I'm enjoying it.

Soldato
Same as most people in 'ere really.. very undecided on what class to play. I mained a Rogue in vanilla and cleared the lot bar Sapphiron and Kel'Thuzad in Naxx. How I maintained a relationship for so long is anyone's guess :D

I think im going Human Pally/Orc Warrior, depending on what faction the majority here decide on.

Ske

Ske

Associate
depending on what faction the majority here decide on.

That's another dilemma in itself. I very much doubt everyone I've played with; current guild, previous guilds, IRL friends, OCUK are going to end up on the same realm, let alone the same faction! A lot of thinking to do before release :(

Soldato
The beta does feel like it did back then. People are nice, helping each other out. There's some minor changes from original vanilla, but it feels like it did.

It can only be ruined now by getting released -_-

Soldato
That's another dilemma in itself. I very much doubt everyone I've played with; current guild, previous guilds, IRL friends, OCUK are going to end up on the same realm, let alone the same faction! A lot of thinking to do before release :(

True depends who you want to play with i guess, my IRL mate who plays has just had a kid so ill go with whatever the ocuk guild does.

Soldato
If OcUK are guilding and I buy I would be tempted, would prefer horde but I'm not too fussed.

Out of interest, I would imagine they are using the new character models and not reverting those back to classic?

Back
Top Bottom