Nokia 9 Pureview

Soldato
So curiosity got the better of me and given a decent discount I was able to get through my work I've picked up a Nokia 9 Pureview and rid myself of my S10.

So far the first impressions are actually really good, the screen is absolutely fantastic, build is lovely and feels great in the hand, performance wise the S845 and Android One are a great match...it's silky smooth in terms of usability, switching apps etc. The battery life has been fantastic in my experience so far, much improved over the Exynos S10 variant but that's something I'll truly be able to test over time.

Cons are obvious and have been reported, the finger print scanner is pretty poor. I would have said awful but I've registered the same thumb 3 times which has helped a lot. The Camera app is a bloomin' slog, processing of photos takes an age (latest update is better apparently than it was) and when you switch to Bokeh mode on the selfie cam welcome to slide show city, it's so weird. What will be interesting is to see how this one develops over time as I'm sure the performance will improve with the camera app.

Like @neoboy said above the initial impressions I get are that the Nokia takes very natural pictures, I quite like it, plus you can just auto adjust the colours in Google Photos right off the bat if you want it to be punchier. I am heading out to Hamburg on a Stag Do this weekend coming, so will take some pictures in RAW format and mess about with Lightroom to see what you can pull out of it.

Fingers crossed the updates to the Scanner and Camera keep coming and things get better...also rumoured that Nokia are working on their own version of Night Sight, this needs it.

Soldato
So around 3 full days in now, things are going well in terms of Battery Life and general usage.

SOT has been within 5-6hrs and I have not needed to reach for the charger once during the day. Something to note, I've found my WiFi signal in the house a lot more stable under the Nokia 9 compared to the S10 which would drop out a lot.

As I type this we are on 46% after being unplugged since 8am. At the moment it's 3hrs 17mins SOT, today I've also had Bluetooth headphones connected for an hour and a Bluetooth speaker seperately for one hour. This has been during 2 hours of playing podcasts on Pocket Cast and approx 20mins of music on Spotify. It seems to be very solid in the performance and battery usage which from some reviews could have been a concern but it's easily seeing me through my day which is great compared to the S10.

Back
Top Bottom