Google apparently suspending some business with Huawei.

Soldato
It's been suspected for a while behind the scenes afaik. It's only really got the public recently.

Lenovo was another one which is already banned for official use. When GCHQ tell people to bin all their Lenovo (or Huawei) stuff, they don't do it lightly because it's obviously quite costly.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's been suspected for a while behind the scenes afaik.
Is there any proof evidence though?

All we have seen so far is that Trump doesn't like them because they're Chinese and Chinese = bad. Therefore he's been threaterning the UK/EU to drop them too or face US wrath. This despite him having no issue with US companies who have a history of spying on behalf of their government lol. I mean if we were going to start banning tech companies based on allegations of spying and compromising our national security then the top five contenders would all be American lol.

Lenovo was another one which is already banned for official use. When GCHQ tell people to bin all their Lenovo (or Huawei) stuff, they don't do it lightly because it's obviously quite costly.
Do you have any evidence of this? Because Lenovo are currently an NHS supplier of choice for desktop/laptop hardware (replacing Dell a couple of years ago).

Soldato
I don't know about evidence. It's unlikely to be for public consumption.

I know the MOD/security services banned their use. I guess it's not all public sector.

Caporegime
I don't know about evidence. It's unlikely to be for public consumption.

I know the MOD/security services banned their use. I guess it's not all public sector.
Chap from GCHQ did a short interview on Click last weekend (I know, Click, ugh..)

He said they don't think Huawei is doing anything malicious; more that they don't have a focus on security and are a bit incompetent in that arena. Which is still bad, but not antagonistic.

Soldato
Look like a false flag same as the Russian collusion/hack, there's no released evidence they are hacking so it's a political strategy to give China a kicking.

Soldato
Look like a false flag same as the Russian collusion/hack, there's no released evidence they are hacking so it's a political strategy to give China a kicking.

So you think some shady politician goes to GCHQ and says "lie about this"? No.

It doesn't work like that. The people running GCHQ would tell them to get lost. It's not like it is in the movies.

Soldato

It doesn't work like that. The people running GCHQ would tell them to get lost. It's not like it is in the movies.

And you work there?

What about Christopher Steele?

Caporegime

As said earlier, GCHQ don't think Huawei are installing back-doors or enabling spying. Just think they're a bit lax with their security and/or using dodgy/lax 3rd party suppliers.

Unless you believe that GCHQ are for some reason covering this up? I mean, trust no-one and all, but if GCHQ had evidence of Huawei and Chinese spying, I can't see why they wouldn't be shouting it from the rooftops. Or at least not giving interviews where they say this isn't the case at all?

/shrug. I'm not an expert.

Back
Top Bottom