**Unofficial Tyre Thread**

Associate
I went for the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2 for my VW scirocco 2.0 tsi gt never used these before always had pirelli on my type r.
I hope they are good, think I went for them becuase a lot of people here use them or I was browsing on vw forum can't remember. £127 a tyre with fitting. I went for 2 as one of my front tyres changing so thought better to change the pair rather than just the one

Associate
Damn hopefully he will sell me the Asymmetric 3 or 5. I can't check on their site to see which version they have.
I asked him should I go for continental sport contact 6, pirelli p zeros or the Goodyear he said goodyear although all 3 are very similar and good just one was less road noise and another better on fuel I think he said

Associate
Just looking at the receipt it was the F1 Asymmetric 3 95Y XL 18" that was fitted £118.27 each blimey charged me £60 to fit 2 tyres sounds excessive on the fitting. Bulb for front headlight and 2 tyres with fitting £268.14

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Should be £10 per tyre, balanced properly and fitted with no rim scratching (hi Fox). I like my tyre guy as he uses the low profile valves that don't stick out as much. Kinda neat.

I'm still floored by the PS4 S. My rears are coming close to the wear marker, maybe a couple of mm remaining but even still the grip is just insane. Will definitely get another set for as long as they remain in production. The front end sharpness in turning is also improved over the Supersports and CSC6 I had before.

Rather eye wateringly expensive in terms of size vs price ratio for a tyre, but like a PSU on a PC, you never ever skimp on the only point of contact between safety and performance.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Just checked my treads and actually rather impressed. The CSC6 couldn't even dream of getting this kind of life lol. My rears on those were at legal limit after around 12k miles.

As of right now:

Fronts: 5.3mm average across the tyre after 20.5k miles
Rears: 4.2mm average across the tyre after 15k miles

Guess I've got a while yet then :p

Man of Honour
Although the ps4s is relatively more expensive than other tyres. They also do last the longest. So cost per mile is potentially as good as, if not better than the csc6/f1a3

Man of Honour
Although the ps4s is relatively more expensive than other tyres. They also do last the longest. So cost per mile is potentially as good as, if not better than the csc6/f1a3

I am not sure this is true these days. I got almost 20k out of my last set of rear F1A3.

Man of Honour
definitely csc6 though, that thing is nearly as expensive as ps4s and wears out really quickly
on a cost-per-mile basis, i wouldn't consider contis unless i've (literally) got money to burn

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
CSC6 isn't anywhere close to the grip performance of the PS4S, I don't even think it's a balanced comparison other than the cost diff being small lol. The CSC6 just wears far too quickly.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Tests are one thing, in the real world things are somewhat different. I've had 3 sets of CSC6 just because they were the best at the time. But they by no means match the performance of the PS4S on the M3.

Back
Top Bottom