Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Man of Honour
As a warning to anyone purchasing it digitally now released - it is currently (probably be fixed soon) more expensive to buy the whole season with a "discount" than it is to buy the episode individually.

EDIT: I think the season price is higher because it includes access to the documentaries that will be released later - so depends if you are interested in that or not.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Game of Thrones almost had the top spot, but it looks like Breaking Bad is number one for me. The finale was absolutely perfect. A true masterpiece of TV. I don't think we'll ever see another show of that quality for a long time.

Soldato
Game of thrones still has the top spot for me although breaking bad was an amazing show and for me ended superbly. GOT didn’t really in my eyes. I was expecting so much more personally from the last episode. It just felt so rushed and out of place even by my standards who enjoyed episode 5 quite a bit.

If I had the option again knowing what I have now watched in season 8. I wouldn’t have watched it and instead left it to my own imagination.

Soldato
TBH most of them outstayed their welcome and lacked integrity at the end when they should have ended series ago...

BB is the only show that didn't.

Fargo Season two was Great...

The majority of Black Mirror is very well written...

S1 of true detective was great...

But nothing lives up to BB it is just Brilliant. But just because you didn't get it is not our fault...

Hannibal was dull....I gave up on Walking dead in S2, Lost in space I lasted 30 mins into the first episode..The wire was great then went rubbish....Sopranos was great but was too long....

None of these shows have been in the same league as BB....none of them...

Pretty much agree with most of this. Although not seen sopranos or the wire.

Man of Honour
I reckon they’ll melt the throne down in the end. Jon doesn't want to rule. The north wants independence. They’ll just form some kind of council.

Well, I wasn't too far off.

None of it makes any sense though.

Why was Jon even brought back?

The Night King just ended up being filler.

They turn Dany into Hitler.

Such a shame.

Gameofthrones_DrogonMeme.png

Love this.

Some of these are amazing... https://twitter.com/Thrones_Memes (Meanwhile in Meereen :D)

Edit: At the very least this season has generated some fantastic memes.

WfvWmgI.png

Last edited:
Soldato
Whatever happened to Gendrys claim to the throne? After Jon and Dany he was next in line. Story aside, Brand should’ve met his end at the hands of the night king. A Subzero style, frozen uppercut smashing him into a million pieces would’ve done.

Man of Honour
Whatever happened to Gendrys claim to the throne? After Jon and Dany he was next in line. Story aside, Brand should’ve met his end at the hands of the night king. A Subzero style, frozen uppercut smashing him into a million pieces would’ve done.

Bran has a better story apparently. Even though he was so critical to the story we didn’t see him for a whole season. Jon’s story clearly wasn’t good enough - resurrected, king of the north, night commander, blood link to the throne.

Man of Honour
I don’t know why I feel the need to defend the show so much but I’m really, really not convinced with some of the above criticisms ^

Without Jon being brought back, they wouldn’t have had any army against the night king. Also, he did kill Danny. Pretty relevant I think?

The night king wasn’t filler. If they didn’t defeat him, everything would have ended / died.

Danny “turning into hitler”... as others have pointed out she’s been ultra hot headed for almost the entire show. Burning down castles is not outside the realms of GOT lore - Harenhall anyone?

Gendry was a still *******. He was only reinstated to a full Baratheon by Danny (not really much once she lost all her allies). Plus does Gendry really strike you as the person that wanted to be king? I mean, I voted that Gendry would be on the throne at the end in this thread, but I’m not disappointed that he wasn’t.

The unsullied only do as they are told. That’s what they are born to do. They don’t have any decision making capacity. They were ordered to kill prisoners. Nobody ordered them to kill Jon. They nevertheless took him prisoner and Grey Worm, clearly upset, demanded his death from the other lords. Dothraki couldn’t organise their way out of a paper bag and have historically had little desire to ride around and plunder. An unsullied and dothraki army going on tour without Danny.... nope.

I think some of you are being very overzealous. However here are fair criticisms of the show:

Increased plot pace meant that some side plots were notably underdeveloped (i.e. Bron) and the main plot did accelerate at a previously unseen pace, which clearly people didn’t like.

Bran was incredibly underdeveloped, possibly as a result of the increased pace. I doubt the books would do this even if the ending was the same.

Plot armour in the battle of winterfell was a bit jarring.

Just call me the GOT defender :p :o

Man of Honour
I don’t know why I feel the need to defend the show so much but I’m really, really not convinced with some of the above criticisms ^

Without Jon being brought back, they wouldn’t have had any army against the night king. Also, he did kill Danny. Pretty relevant I think?

The night king wasn’t filler. If they didn’t defeat him, everything would have ended / died.

Danny “turning into hitler”... as others have pointed out she’s been ultra hot headed for almost the entire show. Burning down castles is not outside the realms of GOT lore - Harenhall anyone?

Gendry was a still *******. He was only reinstated to a full Baratheon by Danny (not really much once she lost all her allies). Plus does Gendry really strike you as the person that wanted to be king? I mean, I voted that Gendry would be on the throne at the end in this thread, but I’m not disappointed that he wasn’t.

The unsullied only do as they are told. That’s what they are born to do. They don’t have any decision making capacity. They were ordered to kill prisoners. Nobody ordered them to kill Jon. They nevertheless took him prisoner and Grey Worm, clearly upset, demanded his death from the other lords. Dothraki couldn’t organise their way out of a paper bag and have historically had little desire to ride around and plunder. An unsullied and dothraki army going on tour without Danny.... nope.

I think some of you are being very overzealous. However here are fair criticisms of the show:

Increased plot pace meant that some side plots were notably underdeveloped (i.e. Bron) and the main plot did accelerate at a previously unseen pace, which clearly people didn’t like.

Bran was incredibly underdeveloped, possibly as a result of the increased pace. I doubt the books would do this even if the ending was the same.

Plot armour in the battle of winterfell was a bit jarring.

Just call me the GOT defender :p :o

No, we call you a casual fan :p

Man of Honour
And there are those who are in the middle, yeah some of its rushed and a bit poor but other parts were good.

Yup, that's me. In years to come, I shall look back and fondly remember the earlier seasons , though the later seasons will fade from memory. The Hardhome episode will stick in my mind indefinitely as my favourite I think.

Soldato
Wasnt impressed by the last episode. Dont think Dany should have been stabbed in cold blood by Jon, comletely out of character for him to do a murder like that, outside of battle.

Also, how did anyone know it was him, Drogon took off with the body and no one was around. We didnt see the assumed confession, too hard to write?

Crap king named in the end.

Permabanned
Baffling. That whole episode. Completely baffling. It was like some mad hour long fever dream. Started off so well and then... got a good few laughs out of me though. Not intentionally of course, but still.

Back
Top Bottom