Google apparently suspending some business with Huawei.

Soldato
ecosystem .. we though Nokia would last forever.
.. googles 'present' of offering Android to the world is not an ultruistic gift, they get revenue from the Apps ~$10Bn/yr - it's like facebook adage you're the product.

But, I'm not without empathy for Trump, if you have listend to Alex Youngers speech, and also consider whether we would want nuclear power stations, or military hardware designed by the chinese, why is 5g so different in strategic importance; look at the mayhem when the ericsson/o2 network went down a while back. (out of date certificates like the recent firefox issue)

Associate
Interesting times ahead. I'm thinking handset manufacturers that get banned will have to rely on a different version of mobile OS outside of USA influence. If they do well, these handsets might dominate mid and low end markets outside of USA, forcing the creation of a new mobile OS that will compete with Android and IOS market share.

Caporegime
It's so obviously fabricated so Trump has an excuse to prohibit their products, or at least deter people buying them.

I think so too. It rides on the back of 5g and spying, it makes good strategic sense to not have your biggest future enemy build your infrastructure, but it also fits in nicely as another nice little slap to the trade war.

Also as a top revenue earner, I wouldn't be seen dead with anything but a top of the range apple iPhone. They exhibit all of the quality associated with people of top calibre incomes. I wish Gucci made a phone.

Soldato
I'm still looking for a clear breakdown of how this will impact existing hauwei owners (eg me). Software updates go out the window, but will the apps still have access to the services (eg gmaps and mail)?

Back
Top Bottom