Looking to replace my ageing Air 540 any suggestions?

Associate
So It's getting on a bit now and as much as I love this case I must admit to it showing it's age now, especially the acrylic side window, no matter what you do there's always dust on it, I even got a custom made side panel which was a bit thicker and clearer as the stock one has a strange grey tint and it's flimsy as anything!

But back on topic, I must admit that my cable management skills fall into the non-existent kind of area so the dual chamber design for me is a must, I know there's the 680x but oh boy that price tag!

I've been looking at the O-11 Dynamic as well, is there a nice amount of space for horrible cable management in the section behind? Also quite a few cables, I've got 4 SATA drives that need hooking up and 6 LL120 fans and the Commander Pro just to add to the clutter!

Soldato
I must admit that my cable management skills fall into the non-existent kind of area
Good ol solid side is the least stressfull solution for that...

Lian Li O-11 has for its measures really mediocre max CPU cooler height of 155mm.
Only few high end coolers fitting into that. (Scythe Mugen 5 and few Thermalrights)

Also if you meant four 3.5" HDDs, it has space for only three.

Associate
OP
Solid side would be the least stressful solution but it kind of makes my spending time on the looks of my rig utterly pointless and a waste of money which I'd rather not, I mean with a dual chamber design it's pretty easy to make it look like you've got good cable management anyway: https://imgur.com/a/ADpdc2h I'd say that looks ok for the cable management side (Just don't look on the other side!)

As can be seen in the image above as well it's using an AIO so there's no big issue with the CPU cooler height at least and thankfully it's 4 2.5" SSDs does it have space for them?

Soldato
So It's getting on a bit now and as much as I love this case I must admit to it showing it's age now, especially the acrylic side window, no matter what you do there's always dust on it, I even got a custom made side panel which was a bit thicker and clearer as the stock one has a strange grey tint and it's flimsy as anything!

But back on topic, I must admit that my cable management skills fall into the non-existent kind of area so the dual chamber design for me is a must, I know there's the 680x but oh boy that price tag!

I've been looking at the O-11 Dynamic as well, is there a nice amount of space for horrible cable management in the section behind? Also quite a few cables, I've got 4 SATA drives that need hooking up and 6 LL120 fans and the Commander Pro just to add to the clutter!

Why not just replace the perspex for glass if you like the case so much?

Associate
OP
Why not just replace the perspex for glass if you like the case so much?

That would be the ideal solution but I have no idea how I'd go about it at all to be honest, it's the only real issue I have with the case is the perspex as it just attracts dust like no tomorrow and scratches pretty easy, if I could get a glass window for it that would be amazing!

Soldato
I'm sure a local glazier would be able to help you out if you remove the Perspex from the side panel and show him what you need. They can usually cut it to whatever shape you need. It wouldn't be tempered so there are safety issues if you have young kids, but it would allow you to keep the case and have a clear view of the innards.

Back
Top Bottom