VTR1000 or TL1000/SV1000?

Associate
OP
Yes but I am the other way with an MT-09 or MT-10 I think they are UUUUUUUUUUGLY - looks like optimus prime.

Each to their own though of course. Most people I have mentioned the XSR to think its ugly, so there you go :)

The XSR is supposed to have slightly better suspension and fueling then the MT-09 - or so I have been led to believe on various youtube/online reviews etc.

I don't mind the look of xsr but I'd probably get bored of the aesthetics pretty quick.

The engines sound nice though :)

Soldato
Yeah fair enough.

I have literally been drooling over that bike for years, I think it'd be so much fun its like a super SV650. Loads of low end torque, light, fun for the street, not too insane that you feel you need to do 120+ mph to get the juices flowing. Its also more modern so has the traction control and ABS which is only a good thing on a bike IMO. You can turn the traction control off completey if you are that way inclined.

Unfortuntely I have just had to buy a new car recently and since January working from home I hardly ever get out on the bike anymore anyway.

So....back to dreaming. Maybe in another few years....sigh.

Soldato
I'm loving my VTR for the most part and I haven't opened it up yet. Everything is pretty effortless. Just turn the throttle a quick rumble and you're gone. I don't know about the range of the other bikes but the VTR is known for it's smaller tank. I don't care that much as it's just fun...and loud.

Cons: hard on your wrists and the standard seat is really hard.

Pros: The sound and the theatre of it all is great. very capable bike that I'm constantly thinking about the next ride and my next fix. Aftermarket cans are a must (as with any twin)

Wind deflection is much better than the CBR as well (I'm 6'1)

Associate
OP
Yeah fair enough.

I have literally been drooling over that bike for years, I think it'd be so much fun its like a super SV650. Loads of low end torque, light, fun for the street, not too insane that you feel you need to do 120+ mph to get the juices flowing. Its also more modern so has the traction control and ABS which is only a good thing on a bike IMO. You can turn the traction control off completey if you are that way inclined.

Unfortuntely I have just had to buy a new car recently and since January working from home I hardly ever get out on the bike anymore anyway.

So....back to dreaming. Maybe in another few years....sigh.

I've owned 6 bikes and not one had ABS would be a nice touch now I've got a child to think of. Summers coming now so you can treat yourself to a good ride or two :)

I'm loving my VTR for the most part and I haven't opened it up yet. Everything is pretty effortless. Just turn the throttle a quick rumble and you're gone. I don't know about the range of the other bikes but the VTR is known for it's smaller tank. I don't care that much as it's just fun...and loud.

Cons: hard on your wrists and the standard seat is really hard.

Pros: The sound and the theatre of it all is great. very capable bike that I'm constantly thinking about the next ride and my next fix. Aftermarket cans are a must (as with any twin)

Wind deflection is much better than the CBR as well (I'm 6'1)

Hard seats defiantly not my friend, I like to be able to feel my ******** after a few miles riding lol, guess I could always go after market if I went that route.

Don
Here's a left-field option if you like the TL1000. A Cagiva Raptor. TL1000 motor in a much better chassis.
I had one of the X-Raptors which were all CF panels and it was a great bike and used to get a lot of attention.

SQ81rg9.jpg

Soldato
Wasn't the TL nicknamed the tank-slapper 1000? :D VTR is a nice bike. SV a bit common.

Firestorms are way more common than SV1000s. 650s are ten a penny though, and almost identical at first glance.

I was looking at an SV1000 before I bought my RSV1000 (another choice for the OP), but it would have to have been the GSXR inspired SV1000SZ as the plain colours were really bland, especially in silver.

suzuki-sv-1000-sz-2.jpg

Associate
The TL1000R had the suspension issues sorted, it was the TL1000S that was known for spitting people off.

Personally if you could find a decent FZR1000 that would be my choice.

Associate
OP
So, what are you going for? You're missing some awesome riding days!

Unfortunately been set back massively as life does. I've missed so many epic riding days! I've been on coastal roads driving watching some lovely bikes pass.

My month daughter has good taste and has been approaching some ninja h2's, and africa twin owners and a few twins of course.

There have been a couple of VTR's I've seen and a Duke 990 because why the hell not. But we're going to be moving soon and my fiancee hates me because I'm not the same without something between my legs, a bit like her I guess lol.

Back
Top Bottom