48hours city break in June

Caporegime
OP
Is that Florence? Looks like I know my next weekend trip, looks beautiful! Your photos both F1 related and in general always come out so nicely!

Regarding Bologna. The first time I climbed up that tower I almost dropped my camera right down the middle! Went up it again this time but had no scares, was an amazing day so had clear views!

I think you are mistaken someone else with the F1 photos, I do mostly weddings, portraits and travel :)

That is Florence, taken from Piazzale Michaelangelo which is on a hill. Quite a lot tourist and I hung around for ages for the spot where I can place my camera down for the shot. You can see the famous bridge where all the gold shops are on the left and Domo on the right. I went in late November and there were enough tourist then. I also found out that the local university is a sister university of somewhere in the US for some Art course so there are a lot of young Americans there on top of the tourists.

I found Pisa to have even more tourists though, and Pisa is a bit of a dump.

Soldato
I think you are mistaken someone else with the F1 photos, I do mostly weddings, portraits and travel :)

That is Florence, taken from Piazzale Michaelangelo which is on a hill. Quite a lot tourist and I hung around for ages for the spot where I can place my camera down for the shot. You can see the famous bridge where all the gold shops are on the left and Domo on the right. I went in late November and there were enough tourist then. I also found out that the local university is a sister university of somewhere in the US for some Art course so there are a lot of young Americans there on top of the tourists.

I found Pisa to have even more tourists though, and Pisa is a bit of a dump.

Oops, so I have. My mistake! However my point stands about that photo! I sent it to my partner (hope you don't mind) and said that's where we are off to next!

For some reason despite having been to Italy 4 times I've never once had a desire to go to Pisa. I've heard it's fairly boring there and not that much to see - heard the pizza was nice though

Caporegime
OP
Oops, so I have. My mistake! However my point stands about that photo! I sent it to my partner (hope you don't mind) and said that's where we are off to next!

For some reason despite having been to Italy 4 times I've never once had a desire to go to Pisa. I've heard it's fairly boring there and not that much to see - heard the pizza was nice though

You will land in Pisa, and get an hour train to Florence, I suggest do it either on the way to or back from Florence. The only thing to see is the leaning tower and the church attached to it. You will see a stream of tourists walking between the train station and the tower so just follow the crowd. Everywhere else is FULL of graffiti and quite run down.

This church.

DsuyIrA.jpg

Florence reminds me of the first Assassin's Creed.

RKFbpe7.jpg

Soldato
If you don't mind the heat then Madrid is amazing. Well off the British tourist map, amazing food and wine, beautiful architecture, stunning museums, great vibes and they're well setup for the heat.

Don
Pula / Rovinj - both lovely places - you'd need to book transportation from the airport to where you're going - but lovely places and not the norm. Croatia is lovely :) The Pula arena is amazing to see.

Rovinj is a lot smaller, but beautiful. Food is great (it's a mix of Croatian and Italian, due to the history of the place).

Associate
Random shout but one we found really nice - Murcia. Cheap as hell for food and drink, usual cheap flights to San Javier Airport, nice little city and some stunning mountain scenery about.

June though...it'll be steaming.

Associate
Just been to Prague and Budapest last month for 3 days in each, preferred Prague a lot more than Budapest, very easy to travel in both can get a 72hr public transport ticket at airports and they work on just about every bus, tram, metro etc. both cities cheap too

Porto and Lisbon both gd for a short break too. Metro from airport to centre in Porto is very easy but might cut it fine if on last flight in to porto. Lisbon was a little trickier though we had a large suitcase and i remember a lot of stairs and hills. Various festivals on in Porto throughout June including Sao Joao the cities saint so might find some things closed that weekend but lots of street parties

Soldato
I'm not sure when you want to go, as you have not stated the dates. I've just booked another trip back over to Geneva BHX to GVA for <£100 last week of June, if you've not been there it is a lovely little city with lots to see and do, you could get out on the lake if you wish or you want to get further out you can do Chamonix and Mont-Blanc as a day trip.
Obviously if you like chocolate or cheese then you are sorted for food :p

Back
Top Bottom