Google apparently suspending some business with Huawei.

Soldato
Yeah the US is acting quite panicked by the rise of China. Almost child-like in a way.

"I won't be your friend if he's your friend."

Of course, the US doesn't like China rising to power and surpass them. Unlike Apple and Google who are American based companies, the US can't see what Huawei is doing so they are a easy target.

Once Huawei is out the way they will go for another non US based tech company.

Soldato
Of course, the US doesn't like China rising to power and surpass them. Unlike Apple and Google who are American based companies, the US can't see what Huawei is doing so they are a easy target.

Once Huawei is out the way they will go for another non US based tech company.
It's bit just China you know there are a lot on the entity list even from the UK.
Up to US who they deal with so all fair if you ask me, US has always hugely preferred Made in America to anything else.

FTM

FTM

Soldato
temporary deal sorted by the look of it

its already costing US firms money

I suspect this was not a well thought out idea

I reckon they will come to some sort of arrangement

Associate

Oh well. Just took the Mrs honor play back and she now has a pixel 2xl. Even if something does get sorted I still wouldn't consider Huawei now if I were in the market.

Soldato

Of course it will be sorted, 33 of Huawei's suppliers are from the US or headquartered in the US.
It's an ill thought out and stupid Trump policy which has all the hallmarks of being lobbyists dictating policy because 'China'.

The fact that there is not one shred of evidence to back up any of these spying claims and it's got this far is quite frankly astonishing.

Caporegime
I wonder if I can pick up a cheap pro30 now?

What I'm not sure about is if apps it has (YouTube for example) would at some point stop working ?

I'm happy with the OS never changing.

Soldato
I'm still looking for a clear breakdown of how this will impact existing hauwei owners (eg me). Software updates go out the window, but will the apps still have access to the services (eg gmaps and mail)?

Won't be an issue, you might not get new versions of Android but should still get fixes/security updates and existing services aren't going anywhere. Your phone is a certified device, they aren't revoking that.

Soldato
I'm really surprised by some peoples knee jerk reactions in this thread. People are acting like they're about to lose a limb. ******* weird.

It is quite unbelievable, basically if you can own the phone now the worst thing is that you might not get some OS updates. Your phone wont suddenly be brick and will still continue to be the phone you bought.

New unreleased phones however, thats up for debate.

Soldato
I'm really surprised by some peoples knee jerk reactions in this thread. People are acting like they're about to lose a limb. ******* weird.
They are asking you to drop £700 on there phone, I think poeple have a very good right to be wanting to get rid of a defunct product that is at best sitting in a grey area.

Back
Top Bottom