• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

** The AMD Navi Thread **

Soldato
I dont play fast FPS shooters anymore and I'm happy with maxed out ultra settings @30fps as I remember playing Duke Nukem 3d at 8fps on my 486 sx and quake 1 at like 12fps. Thats Why I'm sitting on 32 inch 4k ips pro monitor not gaming one. Like when I was playing Kingdom come maxed i was spendimg loads of hours collecting mushrooms and herbs and generally enjoying nice visual aspects of the game :).
I'm too old for playing fast fps online shooters like I used to 15 years ago reflexes gone to ******* I just get depressed and annoyed how crap I'w gotten from Aging in that type of games.
I feel your pain, dude. I feel your pain.

Soldato
If AMD can offer more like RTX2070 performance for RTX2060 pricing for the $399 model it would be something,but any less and people will buy the RTX2060,as Nvidia will have RTX as a feature they might or might not use. Also AMD has no excuse not to be able to beat the RTX2060,when the Turing RTX dies use a fair percentage of the chip for RT and tensor cores,which is not used in most games.

Soldato
I dont play fast FPS shooters anymore and I'm happy with maxed out ultra settings @30fps as I remember playing Duke Nukem 3d at 8fps on my 486 sx and quake 1 at like 12fps.

Yep I remember playing D3D on a 486sx 25mhz, picking between running it at 50% view window on a 14" monitor or disabling sound for it to be playable, also surely you must have had at least a 486DX 66mhz+ for quake 1 ? the SX chips could'nt play quake 1 as the maths co-processor was disabled.

Now i feel old

Associate
If Nvidia announces next week RTX with lower price and newer higher bandwidth card at same current price AMD is dreaming to ask premium price for those performances. Instead of competing they are doing them a favor...

Permabanned
Yep I remember playing D3D on a 486sx 25mhz, picking between running it at 50% view window on a 14" monitor or disabling sound for it to be playable, also surely you must have had at least a 486DX 66mhz+ for quake 1 ? the SX chips could'nt play quake 1 as the maths co-processor was disabled.

Now i feel old
I had DX2 when Quake1 came out :D then I had pentium pro 75mhz hehehe Pentium was running at almost 90mhz if i remember good the OC on that :D
@LePhuronn it sucks so bad i just staying away from Online shooters now. From having 2.5- 3:1 KDR Im like 1:2 now dont want to play online shooters anymore.

Associate
The 3080 price makes sense only if it is faster than a 2070. £450ish for 2070 and £650ish for a 2080 leaves a gap. However AMD I'd not Nvidia so it will have to have something else compelling to sell for that price.

Personally I think it will need to be £400 and a fair bit faster than a 2070 to sell well otherwise buyers will go Nvidia instead.

I have a dilemma as I sold my 1070 as I really want to go full AMD but I won't buy a bad card for Nvidia money.

buyers will just go Nvidia anyway.

Soldato
I had DX2 when Quake1 came out :D then I had pentium pro 75mhz hehehe Pentium was running at almost 90mhz if i remember good the OC on that :D
@LePhuronn it sucks so bad i just staying away from Online shooters now. From having 2.5- 3:1 KDR Im like 1:2 now dont want to play online shooters anymore.

When me and my dad in stalled a Sound Blaster pro a whole 2x speed cdrom we changed the cpu to a DX-2 66 but the MB official didn't support the FSB at the time so ended up being Oc'ed to a staggering 83mhz.

Permabanned
Well If i can get RT for50-60 quid more Ill take it

Don't! :D

I dont play fast FPS shooters anymore and I'm happy with maxed out ultra settings @30fps as I remember playing Duke Nukem 3d at 8fps on my 486 sx and quake 1 at like 12fps. Thats Why I'm sitting on 32 inch 4k ips pro monitor not gaming one. Like when I was playing Kingdom come maxed i was spendimg loads of hours collecting mushrooms and herbs and generally enjoying nice visual aspects of the game :).
I'm too old for playing fast fps online shooters like I used to 15 years ago reflexes gone to ******* I just get depressed and annoyed how crap I'w gotten from Aging in that type of games.

30 FPS is a unplayable resolution and painful for the eyes and brain in any game. Any lower is just a slideshow, not gaming.

Nice try of rolling, though D:

HeX

HeX

Soldato
30 FPS is a unplayable resolution and painful for the eyes and brain in any game. Any lower is just a slideshow, not gaming.

Console gaming would like to have a word. They've been doing fine with 30fps for years. Not that it's good, 60fps should be minimum in this day and age for anything, but 30fps is far from unplayable.

As Zeed says, I remember playing the original Tomb Raider on PC using a K5 166 and a 2MB S3 Virge! at about 10-15fps and I put a lot of hours into that! Simpler times before we were all spoilt with a bajillion pixels and a squillion Hz and now it's much harder to go back.

No way I'd be playing anything at that fps now though :D

Permabanned

maybe for You I'm not ********* i can handle 50+ hours of gaming with no sleep brakes ect.
I'm old school we used to do speed and do 2-3 day quake3 arena sessions mixed with star craft every other weekend

I got eye drops next to my monitor no pain no play

Last edited:
Permabanned

NO LIGHTWEIGHT HERE MATE im 14 hours in Division 2 atm got those puppies to get me going.
krople.jpg

Telling no life like me that i cant play at slideshow fps or the cinematic 30 ?? LOL

Associate
If those leaks are true that is pretty disappointing. Was expecting V64 performance (3070) to be sub $/£300 and the 2070 performance like card to be under $/£400.

This is just matching existing nvidia price/performance.

Nv can just knock $50 off their current 2060/2070 and those Navi cards are pointless.

Permabanned
If those leaks are true that is pretty disappointing. Was expecting V64 performance (3070) to be sub $/£300 and the 2070 performance like card to be under $/£400.

This is just matching existing nvidia price/performance.

Nv can just knock $50 off their current 2060/2070 and those Navi cards are pointless.

Except that the Navi cards will have much more room for discounts as being manufactured on the superior process. The RTX cards won't get meaningful discount anyways because their GPUs are large and their yield is abysmal.

Back
Top Bottom