Sky internet speed doubling for free

Caporegime
So any/all DNS lookups WILL use Sky, no matter what your machines DNS definitions?

Makes sense if they are trying to take greater control of adult/child access etc? Not good for your general end use though I guess?
If you want to specify your own DNS you can ask Sky to rollback your Router firmware to allow this. At the moment you can't browse with non-sky DNS.

Associate
If you are a sky VIP customer your broadband rates can get cut if you ring up. They upgraded my fibre line to superfast, bringing me down from £18 + £18 line rental to £27 inc line rental.

Soldato
If you are a sky VIP customer your broadband rates can get cut if you ring up. They upgraded my fibre line to superfast, bringing me down from £18 + £18 line rental to £27 inc line rental.
I tried to get them to move us to the max at the same rate as a new customer (£27) and they flat refused twice. We already have the 40/10 with them.

Soldato
Ask to be moved to the broadband Superfast package.
Ahh is this all part of the rebrand?

I mean I flat told them I was leaving if they couldn't move us to max and they said off you trot. Literally the only reason it hasn't happened is because btoh EE and Voda first look at the DSL checker and accept my order, but then contact whomever to instigate the move and get told we can't get fibre (even though I have it) . BTs broadband sales site says the best we can get is "broadband" even though I'm on the same brand new cab as my father in law and neighbor. Both addresses show full speed on the DSL checker, BT retail says he can get fibre but only at 3mb, and that I can't get it at all despite already having it.

At this rate getting sky to do it might just be bloody easier.

Fortunately I have a BDUK guy I've been in regular contact with for nearly a year over the new cabinet so he's poking a few holes for me too as we have 5 properties on that cabinet.

Well the guy said they can do it for £27. But the numptys at Vodaphone havn't stopped the switch request even though they told me a week ago that they can't do it. So hopefully this'll finally be sorted.

Last edited:
Associate
Well sky have decided not to upgrade my line. Due to a fault, which was fixed (master socket died) line has been fine since. So going to get in touch with them when I'm back in the uk

Back
Top Bottom