• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Soldato
However there are no PCIE 4 cards available yet so, until they exist 16X PCIE4 lanes = 16X PCIE3. Only benefit I can see that chipset will bring right now is the X4 PCIE4 chipset link.

You forget the critical point here. PCIe 4.0 doubles the lane bandwidth, while is both backwards and forward compatible.
How it will handle PCIE3 card is something we have to see, based on how the motherboard manufacturers and AMD have wired the systems. You just assume here.

Associate
All this extra heat that is being talked about will surely impact maximum overclock speed.

I have never used RAID so would love a board that is toned down on that side of things. A good case seems to be an item that will be added to my basket.

Don
All this extra heat that is being talked about will surely impact maximum overclock speed.

I have never used RAID so would love a board that is toned down on that side of things. A good case seems to be an item that will be added to my basket.
It's the difference between 5W and 15W on the chipset - it won't impact the CPU in any meaningful way.

Soldato
I just watched the latest Adored video. I'm struggling to temper my expectations now :eek: especially the thought of our resident Intel shills sobbing in the corner.
I wonder who you mean ...

maxresdefault.jpg

Man of Honour
I just watched the latest Adored video. I'm struggling to temper my expectations now :eek: especially the thought of our resident Intel shills sobbing in the corner.

I've watched it and to be honest I genuinely believe that they have what it takes to deliver on some epic parts this time around. Personally I will wait until TR4 is ready for some 3000 series action but i'm excited to see what they can produce and am eager to get my hands on it and have a play. I couldn't care what the intel shills on here say, when I bought my chip there wasn't an intel chip out there that met my requirements which lie firmly in areas other than gaming. Yes i want to game on it and yes I want 4k / 144p but performance in 1, or even 10 AAA titles doesn't matter to me even slightly over a question like can I run 16 or more VM's on it providing im pulling decent frames and getting a good experience.

For me intel were beaten 2 years ago and that is the truth of it from my standpoint. I get where the "shills" and gamers are coming from who want as many frames as possible in a single title but for me that argument doesn't even come into it and I really struggle to look at it from that mindset. People will read this and think i'm an AMD fanboy but the truth of it is i'm typing this on an intel based (8th gen) system as that's what best meets my needs in this form factor. I buy whats best for my requirements and have many intel and amd systems that I use all the time but my home lab/gaming machine and the machine that I think is the all around best machine I have ever owned is all AMD and has been for some time.

Back
Top Bottom