CS Go not smooth and stuttering

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
I'm having issues with csgo, the game is not even smooth on a 144hz monitor with low setting in game. I get small micro stutters when moving & so far no matter what I do in the drivers or messing with other in game stuff will fix it.

my system

I5 7600K
GTX 1070
16GB ram
MSI z270 sli plus
samsung evo 850 250 gb ssd
samsung Evo 860 1tb ssd
Iiyama GB2760 144hz monitor

Any help would be appreciated

Kev

Soldato
Do you have gsync? If so, are you running it borderless windowed mode? If so, change to full screen and test that.

Furthermore, have you checked to make sure it's not network by hosting your own private game? Sounds daft, but you never know.

Soldato
I'm having issues with csgo, the game is not even smooth on a 144hz monitor with low setting in game. I get small micro stutters when moving & so far no matter what I do in the drivers or messing with other in game stuff will fix it.

my system

I5 7600K
GTX 1070
16GB ram
MSI z270 sli plus
samsung evo 850 250 gb ssd
samsung Evo 860 1tb ssd
Iiyama GB2760 144hz monitor

Any help would be appreciated

Kev

That game runs on a toaster, so knock all the settings up to maximum and see if that helps.

Associate
OP
Had it up to max settings, sync is set to adaptive but not tried fast yet. The fps sits at 300fps and I know its the game reporting that not the monitor. I will try it on fast and see how I go.

Caporegime
what do you mean by smooth?

i get around 300 fps too and it could be you have some stupid settings on your monitor like overdrive. this will cause issues with the increased voltage causing artifacts.

Soldato
Try different GPU drivers, they can make a difference, the latest ones arent always the best for older games.
Also disable vsync, may look smoother but it creates a tiny amount of delay.

If the above doesn't work then play about with the fps, try locking it at a lower number and see if there is any difference.

Associate
I've had this problem in the past on different builds, a weird stutter or lag when certain things happen (normally when a awp is fired). Nothing solved trhe issue other than a reinstall of the game, and in one scenario a different hard drive.

Caporegime
i had an issue in which it would lag out for like 3-4 seconds randomly every so often. something which if it happens at the wrong time would cost you the game time and time again. only a motherboard swap managed to sort it for me.

the only game i had issues with was csgo.

Associate
OP
Well after thinking it was the os, memory, gpu & the cpu it turned out to be the mouse drivers of all things. I have hung onto my trusty logitech mx510 since 2004 & used the their drivers all the way through, by chance I got sick and tried a rubbish mouse and discovered it was that all along. So my theory is that there was a conflict with the poling rate of the mouse causing micro stutters. So since trying el cheapo mouse all has been great, what I cant understand is that it does not do it in any other game only csgo. So thanks for all the suggestions offered but its now fixed & I never knew how good a cheap mouse could be :D I-rocks m09 to match my I-rocks K10 keyboard that I got years ago.

Soldato
i had an issue in which it would lag out for like 3-4 seconds randomly every so often. something which if it happens at the wrong time would cost you the game time and time again. only a motherboard swap managed to sort it for me.

the only game i had issues with was csgo.

I've had a similar issue before, wasn't with csgo but similar fps online game. It ended up being one of the chips on the motherboard that was overheating. I ended up sticking a fan on it which helped temporarily but ended up replacing the motherboard eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom