How to tell a friend we no longer can be friends?

SPG

SPG

Soldato
Its simple,

You can be friendly but you cant be friends, A simple hello in the supermarket, how you are doing etc and leave it at that.

Move on :)

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
Odd thread.

Why are you putting some crazy 'friend' ahead of your girlfriend? Your girlfriend should be your best friend as well, should have dropped your 'friend' a long time ago.

Caporegime
The only correct course of action is to give the friend the full Tony Williams experience, then cease all contact. If you don’t tap that at least once, you’ll have that “what if” for the rest of your life, so give her a good plow and run.

(This advice only applies if she doesn’t know where you live)

Soldato
How do I then tell this friend in the nicest possible way that I do not want to be friends with her anymore, and that she means nothing to me compared to my girlfriend?

You don't. Your relationship with your girlfriend is in trouble from which it may not recover. So tell her that you are in an emotionally tumultuous position right now and that you need to get yourself sorted first.

Associate
OP
Thanks for all of the comments. The deed is done and man do I feel an a*******.

This breaks my heart. I think of you as one of my best friends. I do care about H. And you say about taking him for all he was worth but he didn't work for 3 years, I kept him so clearly I didn't mean it. I care an awful lot. If that's how you feel I'm not going to argue with you. I said a lot of awful things while H was alive but I didn't really mean any of it. I miss him every single day and I have to live with everything I ever said about him. I put a brave face on and make jokes to hide how I really feel, I thought you knew that about me. As for the GF thing, she was being funny, I wouldn't dream of messaging a woman I barely know just after her wedding to say she upset me, but then again I didn't think what I did was even that upsetting but obviously I was drunk and maybe I don't remember it the same as you do. I did apologise to her and told her I never meant to offend her. That is not a lie. Like I said if you had messaged me I would have responded totally differently.
I'm devastated at this message but if that's how you feel I'm not going to beg. I was gutted that I hadn't spoken to you in so long and I have genuinely missed you but I figured it was because I'd upset GF and hoped that one day it would be sorted.
I love you mate and want only good things for you. If you don't want me in your life anymore I won't beg but you are wrong about H. I don't want you thinking that about me. I love him and every single day without him is torture. Thanks for being so honest.

Soldato
2d9796r.jpg

Soldato
The only correct course of action is to give the friend the full Tony Williams experience, then cease all contact. If you don’t tap that at least once, you’ll have that “what if” for the rest of your life, so give her a good plow and run.

(This advice only applies if she doesn’t know where you live)

You speak as if it's that easy. What if he neither own a van, nor lives near a KFC? What then Diddums?

Back
Top Bottom