Chernobyl miniseries - coming to Sky and HBO in May 2019

Soldato
So I've read a lot of recommendations for 'Threads' over on Reddit which is supposed to be very good. Not seen it myself though. Might have to check it out...

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090163/
One of my favs, but its very VERY hard watching, it doenst pull any punches. The line, " The living shall evny the dead" is pretty much the embodiment of the whole film.

Also, cause of this series decided to watch a docu on Fukoshima (Sp), thats a scary mess as well.

Commissario
It will just be a sensationalised version of events
You're so wrong. Having seen the first two episodes, there's nothing sensationalised going on at all. It appears to be a very accurate portrayal of what actually happened and listening to the podcast with the show writer / producer, he's continually talking about how they wanted to be accurate.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
Episode 3 is probably the darkest one so far.
the guy in the hospital bed with the blackened skin :(

Associate
Outstanding TV. Kinda irked now my Sky sub is due to run out in a couple of days rather than in a couple of weeks, meaning I'm going to miss the last two episodes it seems.

Legaslov's graphic description of the effects of extreme radiation poisoning was also quite informative :eek:

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

Episode 3 is one of the best of any tv show.

The miners gave me a chuckle :D

Associate
Outstanding TV. Kinda irked now my Sky sub is due to run out in a couple of days rather than in a couple of weeks, meaning I'm going to miss the last two episodes it seems.

Legaslov's graphic description of the effects of extreme radiation poisoning was also quite informative :eek:
You can just subscribe to NowTV for a month and you'll be able to watch them :)

Back
Top Bottom