• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

The AMD Driver Thread

Permabanned
Maybe that's simply a limitation of that particular laptop or that particular laptop gpu? Because the laptop designed around an 8 bit screen it may simply be designed to only push that specification even if you are using an external monitor with it, it's something you'd have to look into thru either the laptop maker or someone that has a good understanding of this particular field.
I'm pretty sure there's a few knocking around on these forums but I forget who.

The laptop screen is 6-bit.
But I'm so tired of this particular laptop, that finally I will get rid of it. It simply doesn't work for me - more disappointments with it than good things.

Soldato
anyone know if there's a way to change the fan profile for older cards in the latest drivers?
I've a 280x which is working fine but I want the fans to kick up earlier, it's sitting at 89c with 51% fan speed and I'm not happy with that tbh.
as it's a 200 series I get "overdrive" which lets me set the static fan speed but not a dynamic curve.
is there any other software I could use to do that?

Soldato
No change with YCbCr set to 4:2:2.

YCbCr 4:2:0 doesn't work at all, on the other hand.

That's a bit strange,
Have you tried the X2 settings with the LG hdmi ultra hd deep colour set to on or off?

I Have a r5 2500u Hp laptop with only a hdmi2 output, I will give it a go on my 4k screen when I get a chance.

Permabanned
That's a bit strange,
Have you tried the X2 settings with the LG hdmi ultra hd deep colour set to on or off?

I Have a r5 2500u Hp laptop with only a hdmi2 output, I will give it a go on my 4k screen when I get a chance.

Well, yes, the deep colour setting at Off only limits the refresh rate to maximum 30Hz, with no colour depth settings change available, still stays with 8-bit.

Soldato
How 10-bit colour?

No change with YCbCr set to 4:2:2.

YCbCr 4:2:0 doesn't work at all, on the other hand.

How did Radeon go from Supporting VSR (OFF) to Not Support in your second pic???

Edit:
I see that you are using 2 different monitors.
Is their any fix from AMD Radeon team about getting VSR working? I too have a monitor that Radeon Software doesn't support VSR on.

Soldato
All fine here & I've been doing a lot of recording recently, time for a DDU maybe?

Tried that, Weird thing is I can use the paid for Action by Mirillis recording software bought on Steam which uses the AMD codec and it runs perfectly, The moment I use ReLive it crashes and the driver recovers, Had a search around and a lot of people have my exact issue but it's apparently not been looked into.

Last edited:
Soldato
Tried that, Weird thing is I can use the paid for Action by Mirillis recording software bought on Steam which uses the AMD codec and it runs perfectly, The moment I use ReLive it crashes and the driver recovers, Had a search around and a lot of people have my exact issue but it's apparently not been looked into.

Any overclocking? Tried a different drive to record to? Different quality settings?

Soldato
All 3 have had the recording issue and all 3 have had insanely high junction temps resulting in black screens a few minutes into a game, Sending this one back, Getting a replacement and then selling it at a loss, Cannot be bothered anymore bud.

Just having a little read on google for TDR when using Relive. Seen couple users saying use DDU and remove the Intel display driver? Random I know! Do you have Intel drivers installed?

About the black screen, I had this issue with my VEGA and I fixed it by setting up a custom wattman profile. The issue is either my GPU is drawing to much power at stock or my PSU is failing to handle the GPU at stock power levels. Its been a while since I tested my GPU stock I have a Wattman profile I load up each time I install a new driver.

Edit
I guess you also have Windows DVR disabled?

Soldato
Just having a little read on google for TDR when using Relive. Seen couple users saying use DDU and remove the Intel display driver? Random I know! Do you have Intel drivers installed?

About the black screen, I had this issue with my VEGA and I fixed it by setting up a custom wattman profile. The issue is either my GPU is drawing to much power at stock or my PSU is failing to handle the GPU at stock power levels. Its been a while since I tested my GPU stock I have a Wattman profile I load up each time I install a new driver.

Edit
I guess you also have Windows DVR disabled?

Yep got DVR disabled, I think I just got extremely unlucky but I don't want to chance a 4th R7, I know it's not my system as I've tried a friends 2080 Ti which worked fine and also an older 295X2 which draws a lot more than the R7 and it worked fine too.

Soldato
Well, yes, the deep colour setting at Off only limits the refresh rate to maximum 30Hz, with no colour depth settings change available, still stays with 8-bit.

I've just got back home and tested my R5 2500u Laptop,
Using a Sony 4k tv over Hdmi I can get the 8/10/12 bit selection up.
So it must be something to do with your Lg monitor and the Hdmi setting.

4k-8-10-bit.png

4k-8-10-bit.png

Permabanned
Soldato
19.5.2 driver now available

Release notes: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-19-5-2

Download link: https://www.amd.com/en/support

Since Rage 2 released I've had the game crash the PC every time I try to record gameplay, I've put in tickets daily but there's no mention of the problem in this drivers release notes, Has anyone else been unable to record gameplay?

PS: I'm recording at 100mbps are you?

ReLive hasn't been stable for me for some time now and has been crashing my system with a driver recovery every time I use it, On Radeon 7 BTW.

Soldato
Are you still recording stuff & if so what with?

I had the recording set to ingame res, 100Mbps and recording to an empty SSD I have spare, Also tried a hard drive, Doesn't matter which game I try and record, Division 2, Wolfenstein 2, Resident Evil 2, Diablo 3, Destiny 2, DX11, DX12 or Vulkan based games, The whole system freezes, Screen goes black and then the driver recovers, The odd thing is I can use the paid software Action by Mirillis that uses the AMD codec and it records fine, No system crashes etc... tried doing clean driver installs and nothing works, ReLive simply doesn't like my system.

Back
Top Bottom