World of Warcraft: Classic

Gee

Gee

Soldato
If OcUK are guilding and I buy I would be tempted, would prefer horde but I'm not too fussed.

Out of interest, I would imagine they are using the new character models and not reverting those back to classic?

Nope, original facial models.

Soldato
If OcUK are guilding and I buy I would be tempted, would prefer horde but I'm not too fussed.

Out of interest, I would imagine they are using the new character models and not reverting those back to classic?

Original models and environments. Movements are a little smoother than they used to be. Some of the changes are very subtle. Cloth doesn't drop off wendigos in dun morogh now, for example.

Soldato
I prefer it. It wouldn't feel like vanilla if we were just using current models. The whole point of this is the nostalgia, there's literally no other reason.

It's the content and how you have to play the content (team work) I think appeals to more than outdated graphic models.

Not a huge bugbear, just a little strange.

And they've proved willing to do changes already (AV in a later patch easy mode run as an example) so they are more than willing to implement changes.

Don
And they've proved willing to do changes already (AV in a later patch easy mode run as an example) so they are more than willing to implement changes.
It's the 1.12 version, same with server battlegroups being in game, so the patch level everything will be (give of take), though I would have preferred the earlier version.

Don
More than likely because it takes a lot of work to implement it. How many people are still working at blizzard after 15 years? I doubt it is a simple case of switching hd models on in a debugger.
Given the engine is the 8.xx version, they presumably had to do more work to implement old models in it, rather than just keep current models!

Soldato
I just couldn't face endless ubrs runs before molten core again personally. That and grinding the gold for the epic mount. Raiding was a part time job as well. World pvp could be good again though.

Gee

Gee

Soldato
FK6eVtB.png

I got in!

Edit: apparently this is only an invite to the stress test, which is at midnight til 3am iirc. Plus, it doesn't guarantee you a spot in the main beta test.

Last edited:
Soldato
Urgh couldn't do that anymore so respect to you for keeping it up.

Even back in vanilla in a number one guild it was next to impossible to get 40 "good" raiders, always found we carried about 5 no matter what we did and those last five spots seemed to rotate a lot. Not sure how you found that back in the day?

Now, with what WoW is, couldn't imagine getting 40 people together though I guess you can just portal there. I remember getting on 30mins pre raid just to make sure people got on the flight path to Naxx :D that and we had a PvP friend guild who would go to the raid entrance about an hour before start to clear and hold it for the alliance side :p literally 30-50 people just to make sure you could get in a raid unharassed and making life hell for the horde guilds :D the realm specific forum drama over outside raid PvP was a beautiful read :D

I'm guessing you were on a low population server?

Now we had that problem with maybe 5 spots being unstable, but I was in top 15 guilds on Ravencrest the top 10 guilds were pretty stable.
The 6,000+ queue to get on to the server some days on the other hand was a pain. :D I remember logging on at work at 3pm and leaving the game running. So I could log in when I got home.

Soldato
OP
It seems a huge amount got in then, I also am in.

However, I had a thought... How will they handle WoW tokens??? Will you be able to sell them for gold? If so, it will royally **** up the economy I think.

Soldato
I'm guessing you were on a low population server?

Now we had that problem with maybe 5 spots being unstable, but I was in top 15 guilds on Ravencrest the top 10 guilds were pretty stable.
The 6,000+ queue to get on to the server some days on the other hand was a pain. :D I remember logging on at work at 3pm and leaving the game running. So I could log in when I got home.

Nah it was a high pop server though I would guess to the lower end of high as I rarely dealt with queues above 1k at worst.

Soldato
It seems a huge amount got in then, I also am in.

However, I had a thought... How will they handle WoW tokens??? Will you be able to sell them for gold? If so, it will royally **** up the economy I think.

I would assume WoW tokens won't affect the Classic economy. If you have retail and use gold from that to buy game time then the gold will stay in retail. Classic is a seperate game but still playable with active sub or Token time.

Ske

Ske

Associate

They said in a recent interview with StaySafe andddd another streamer/youtuber that Classic will not have WoW tokens.

Back
Top Bottom