Steam Tomb Raider gone missing

Soldato
Fancied playing the original again for no particular reason so opened Steam, right click Install Game, come back a few minutes later expecting it to be finished and see it's only 14%... Assuming my network speed has dropped through the floor, I take a look at the download dialog and nope, it's installing Tomb Raider 2013 (9.1GB).

I've got TRII through to Chronicles in my library, I remember buying all of them as a bundle but now my OG TR is gone. What gives? It's there on the store for 4.99 but I (did) already own it! Anyone else seen this?

Soldato
Reach out to support, not much anyone here can do.

Also, maybe restart Steam to see if it shows up? Seems more of a local bug than a store/library issue.

Soldato
OP
Reach out to support, not much anyone here can do.

Also, maybe restart Steam to see if it shows up? Seems more of a local bug than a store/library issue.

Just had a look at my purchase history, it shows II, III, Revelations and Chronicles bought at the same time, but no TR1 so not a library issue :confused: Was just asking if anyone else had seen this

Soldato
Just had a look at my purchase history, it shows II, III, Revelations and Chronicles bought at the same time, but no TR1 so not a library issue :confused: Was just asking if anyone else had seen this

Not seen it before. Maybe run through your emails and try to find the invoice showing it's purchase? You might need it to prove you have purchased it as it sounds like your best option is reaching out to Steam.

Man of Honour
Did you buy it direct from Steam, an official reseller or a key seller? Sometimes Valve blocks stolen keys which would remove it from you library if you bought it from a dodgy key seller.

I think you normally get an email notification when that happens though but not 100% sure.

Soldato
Fancied playing the original again for no particular reason so opened Steam, right click Install Game, come back a few minutes later expecting it to be finished and see it's only 14%... Assuming my network speed has dropped through the floor, I take a look at the download dialog and nope, it's installing Tomb Raider 2013 (9.1GB).

I've got TRII through to Chronicles in my library, I remember buying all of them as a bundle but now my OG TR is gone. What gives? It's there on the store for 4.99 but I (did) already own it! Anyone else seen this?

if you do not get sorted so long as you mean the real original and not the anniversary remake, i have a key i can trust to you if you want.
PS it was in a very early humble bundle..... have you checked your account for unredeemed keys as it could be there and you just never activated it (it is where the key that I have is for instance)

Last edited:
Soldato
Mine has gone missing as well think I got it as part of a Square Enix promotion when I bought either Rise Of The Tomb Raider Season Pass or another Square Enix promo. Not sure how to get it back as I have no record of it but I know I had it in my Steam Library.

Soldato
OP
Mine has gone missing as well think I got it as part of a Square Enix promotion when I bought either Rise Of The Tomb Raider Season Pass or another Square Enix promo. Not sure how to get it back as I have no record of it but I know I had it in my Steam Library.

Didn't find it in the end. The purchase history shows all the others but not TR1, very very odd. I know I bought it from Steam in a bundle because I remember using the files from the install folder to run in gl mode and widescreen mod the sequals. Purchased in 2013, can't find the email confirmation.

Luckily I had a copy of the game folder, DOSbox gl settings and PS1 audio in my "Stuff" folder on NAS. Might chase Steam up if I cab be bothered

Back
Top Bottom