Mordhau [first-person Medieval multiplayer fighting game]

Caporegime
I seem to be having a few crashes due to my laptop overheating. No other game does this. The CPU is hitting 90C+ whereas the GPU is fine. If I decrease any of the graphics settings, I get lower FPS but still the same heat. :confused:

Associate
Pretty new playing the last few nights, what set ups do people have joy with, I seem to do ok with a greatsword just swinging at people already in fights, but I am not in the habbit of hitting the parry button much which I am working on.

Soldato
Like the Bardiche in alternate mode (great range), and learning to enjoy the longsword, the spare points let me take dodge.

Trying to learn not to fall for feints, and to try and chamber stabs, rather than block them.

Soldato
Like the Bardiche in alternate mode (great range), and learning to enjoy the longsword, the spare points let me take dodge.

Trying to learn not to fall for feints, and to try and chamber stabs, rather than block them.
I've learnt that when someone swings they grunt, If they feign they don't until the real swing, then they grunt.

As for loadouts I have 3
One is lvl 1 hát and body with a great sword and pole and medkit
2 is the exexutioners sword and that is my absolute favourite, with level 2 gear
3 is a fully armoured Knight with a zweihander

Soldato
How do you get a full knight with zwrihander? Surely that's too many points.

Grunts are fine for swings but stabs are normally too quick. Even knowing to listen for grunts I'll fall for feints anyway. It'll get through my skull eventually.

Soldato
How do you get a full knight with zwrihander? Surely that's too many points.

Grunts are fine for swings but stabs are normally too quick. Even knowing to listen for grunts I'll fall for feints anyway. It'll get through my skull eventually.
You still can block even if they stáb and grunt quick, but my tactic is that if they are fakers then just stab, you either chamber them if they are really stabbing and stáb then if they feign a slice.
Come practise with me, I've gotten to the point of being top 3 in duel servers almost every time, now I take it to the battlefield and rip people apart in multiple like I see the good players do.

Soldato
You still can block even if they stáb and grunt quick, but my tactic is that if they are fakers then just stab, you either chamber them if they are really stabbing and stáb then if they feign a slice.
Come practise with me, I've gotten to the point of being top 3 in duel servers almost every time, now I take it to the battlefield and rip people apart in multiple like I see the good players do.

I'll take you up on the duel for practice.

Caporegime
The 240 control system is terrible. I have become so much better at this game by binding all 6 attack angles plus stab on my mouse. It's just consistent now.

Caporegime
What do you mean you assigned all six angles to the mouse, I'm interested

If you look under key binds in settings, you'll see:

Right upper strike
Left upper strike
Right strike
Left strike
Right lower strike
Left lower strike

Instead of aiming your cursor at whatever angle you want your sword to strike from and then pressing left mouse button (default 240 system), you'll press one of the buttons for the above binds. It means you'll get exactly the strike you want without having to position the cursor first. It's quicker and consistent every time.

I use the Logitech G502 which has enough extra buttons on it for all of these binds.

If you Google "240 vs key binds" you'll find more info. The default system is intuitive and well suited to beginners, but none of the pros use it.

Associate
I'm absolutely loving this game, I was utter garbage first few games, but now I've got the chambering and morphs and can change the swing trajectory, I've managed to top the kill charts a fair few times. I'm using light head and heavy body and leg armour with an axe (the 5 point one which is nearly full damage). Switched to TPP for this game as I was struggling to gauge distance!

I love it when people have the perk where they are alive still 5 seconds after critical damage, you can literally chop their legs off and watch them drag themselves about... okay, sounds barbaric, but it's all delivered in such a comical way!

Soldato
I'm absolutely loving this game, I was utter garbage first few games, but now I've got the chambering and morphs and can change the swing trajectory, I've managed to top the kill charts a fair few times. I'm using light head and heavy body and leg armour with an axe (the 5 point one which is nearly full damage). Switched to TPP for this game as I was struggling to gauge distance!

I love it when people have the perk where they are alive still 5 seconds after critical damage, you can literally chop their legs off and watch them drag themselves about... okay, sounds barbaric, but it's all delivered in such a comical way!
I love that too, when they stare at you with one arm missing and then in a panic start punching at you and you just step back until they fall over, it really is quite funny in a sick way.

Back
Top Bottom