BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
There's a remarkable amount of ECUs that get updated during a full flash. Imagine more like 20 pc bioses getting flashed over dos over serial and 3 netbooks running off usb sticks getting flashed. You'll be much closer to the truth ;)
See that I can relate too. Thinking about it, when I use Carly to interrogate the car, it scans lots of ecus. I should have put 2 and 2 together.

Soldato
Soldato
Has anyone used this before?:

https://www.bmw-ukforces.co.uk/

My girlfriend is a teacher so I assume eligible. I've looked at a few of these and it seems that the huge draw is lack of a big deposit - does it work out any cheaper overall though?
Am I missing something but
BMW ISSD are proud to offer preferential rates on all BMW, BMW i, MINI and BMW Motorrad models to all current and previous employees of the UK Military and Emergency Services including the wider NHS.

Nothing about teachers?

Soldato
Am I missing something but
BMW ISSD are proud to offer preferential rates on all BMW, BMW i, MINI and BMW Motorrad models to all current and previous employees of the UK Military and Emergency Services including the wider NHS.

Nothing about teachers?

You are missing something: https://www.bmw-ukforces.co.uk/eligibility

Last option.

Not sure if it's the same value of discount.

Soldato
Ah nice. Bear in mind lots of BMWs are getting some hefty discounts so ensure you're getting a better deal than those with discounts!

Indeed - I did a like for like comparison with Coast 2 Coast on an X3 20d and it came out £1k more expensive on C2C. There's not much in it at all, but worth considering all options...

I'm ex forces and the discounts offered by that scheme are no better than discounts joe public can get if pushing hard enough.

That seems to be the case, but the deposit contribution required at the start seems to be miniscule. If you're happy to pay finance continuously forever and don't want to put big money down, I could see it making sense.

It's obviously too good to be true when you consider who can get "access" to it. I mean, my girlfriend is a teacher, and that means my parents, siblings, and some of my in-laws have access to the discount.

Man of Honour
That seems to be the case, but the deposit contribution required at the start seems to be miniscule

This isn't a good thing though is it? It just means you borrow more, pay more interest are in negative equity immediately. Small deposits are bad and if you cant afford a deposit bigger than 500 quid then perhaps a brand new BMW isn't the smartest choice :p

Soldato
This isn't a good thing though is it? It just means you borrow more, pay more interest are in negative equity immediately. Small deposits are bad and if you cant afford a deposit bigger than 500 quid then perhaps a brand new BMW isn't the smartest choice :p

Totally - I guess it's neither good nor bad, but it would ultimately depend on the circumstance of the individual.

Almost all new cars are in negative equity immediately anyway, even with 10-15% deposits, and the interest cost difference of borrowing 4.9% on the reduced deposit would be minor over the 48 month term on, say, a 120i or a Mini Cooper (I appreciate it would rack up considerably on an M5, or if you were keen to put down many thousands of £'s).

Horses for courses.

I agree that if you can't put more than £500 down on a new BMW you probably should consider not financing yourself up in that manner, but it doesn't mean that you shouldn't go that route if you can afford to pay more, you might fancy keeping the cash in the bank, or putting it on a house extension, etc. etc.

Soldato
Courtesy car of win (not) for me today. Dropped the m3 off for some warranty work and a service. Was promised an m240 which I though was reasonable, I ended up with a 335d xdrive touring. I was like the kid that doesn't get his favourite toy for Christmas lol. And to top it off there was 19 miles range on it so I've had to put a bit in the tank:mad:.

Man of Honour
Courtesy car of win (not) for me today. Dropped the m3 off for some warranty work and a service. Was promised an m240 which I though was reasonable, I ended up with a 335d xdrive touring. I was like the kid that doesn't get his favourite toy for Christmas lol. And to top it off there was 19 miles range on it so I've had to put a bit in the tank:mad:.

What is wrong with a 335d loan car? :confused:

Associate
Might pull the trigger on my first BMW tomorrow. It's a 2011 Z4 35i with pretty much all extras and just below 40,000 miles. Approved used. Only downside is, I haven't seen it up-close and it's 4 hours away, so local dealer was reluctant to get it down unless "I'm 100% sure I'll buy", which I'm not (more like 99%). Might put the deposit down; they said it's refundable, and I guess if it comes to it they can't make me buy it and I can get my money back.

Anyone has any tips on what to be on the lookout for in terms of work done to it for the mileage and any issues?

Back
Top Bottom