Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Caporegime
That and players from lower leagues will be busting a gut to play and prove themselves. Some players like Di Maria and Sanchez chase the money. For a lower league player even £20k a week is a fortune. You couldn't ever say Vardy doesn't try every game. You can't say the same about Pogba though.

Man of Honour
We are being linked to so many players (surprise).

It looks like Daniel James will happen, Rakitic I'm not sure about - wouldn't say no, versatile player who can control the game. De Ligt is probably wishful thinking. Bale if RM subsidised wages maybe? Wan-Bissaka, yes please. Longstaff I don't know much about.

Ole trying to keep Pogba too.

Soldato
Rakatic and Bale, no thanks. The others all seem promising though. De Ligt won’t happen, it’s the usual mentioning of Utd to get an inflated price.

Man of Honour
Why no Rakitic? He's barely ever injured and is a class midfielder. I know he's not the youngest but he will have an impact IMO.

Soldato
Why no Rakitic? He's barely ever injured and is a class midfielder. I know he's not the youngest but he will have an impact IMO.
Yeah, but based on our previous signings, I just have no faith in players that would only (in my opinion) come for the money.

Obviously wouldn’t be that upset if he came of course, but just want a cohesive unit!

Soldato
Just like Matic - had one good season and now looks utterly passed it - unless you just want him to concerntrate on a few games a season , which imo never works for the club, team or player.

Wouldn't touch Rakitic with a barge pole - especially for the ~£50m Barca supposedly want (even IF his wages are reasonable, which I doubt)

even Dybala is a worry, not because of his age but the transfer fee required and the wages he will expect - Utd have a really good chance to really wipe out a good percentage of our wage bill over the next two seasons or so - but any massively over inflated transfer fee and or wages and Utd are only delaying the same thing for a year or two. United will need experience from somewhere jus not sure Dybala would be the right fit, and the above would potentially make the move that much worse in such a delicate / important time.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Doubt he'll go back to Spain, where would he go? Both Madrid and Barca have young keepers they seem happy with. Unless Oblak wants to leave Atletico I can't see him going to Spain. I think it'll be Juve or PSG.

Soldato
Would you want to be involved in what's happening there? In all seriousness I think he wants to go back to Spain.
De Gea leaving wouldn't be a disaster. He has covered up a terrible defence for too long. Romero is a decent keeper and would deserve more game time. With a better back four we wouldn't need a super human goalie.

Back
Top Bottom