*****Official BBQ Thread - Suns out, Buns out!*****

Soldato
Anyone know of any decent coals on offer at the moment? I'm on my last small bag of webers now and need to get some more in. Some wood chip/log offers would be good too

Big K are on offer on Ocado at the moment, with extra discount if you're a new customer too. I've just stocked up on another load of boxes today!

I try and bbq my chickens as much as I can as it is so much tastier than roasting them but as I have no sheltered area to bbq its all weather permitted! The small amount of extra effort it takes is 100% worth it, so next time you've got a whole chicken and the suns out I want no excuses from you and get the barby out.

It takes more than a bit of rain to stop me using it, I was smoking all through the winter! I was hoping to have the top of the garden sorted this summer too with a structure built so I've got a bit of shelter but the plans might be slipping a bit.

Soldato
Thank you, it was indeed fantastic and just as good the following day served with salad for dinner. I try and bbq my chickens as much as I can as it is so much tastier than roasting them but as I have no sheltered area to bbq its all weather permitted! The small amount of extra effort it takes is 100% worth it, so next time you've got a whole chicken and the suns out I want no excuses from you and get the barby out.

I always cook more than required as it's cheap and still great the next day.

Associate
Found a Landmann Grill Chef 3 burner for £100 reduced from £200 looks a good deal.
Would look to convert it to hold lava rock at some point too.
Currently have a weber which has been great but gas bbq is just far easier to to get up and running.

JtA0kZO.png

Caporegime
Big K are on offer on Ocado at the moment, with extra discount if you're a new customer too. I've just stocked up on another load of boxes today!

Can't get my extra 30% discount to work with 3 for 2 offers?

Decided to purchase an outdoor pizza oven to trial this summer, OK price at £110 shipped, works on wood or charcoal.

If i like it i'll probably build a proper one.

Soldato
Nice, be interested to see the results!

I've just grabbed myself a copy of Marcus Bawdon's new book for some recipe inspiration for the summer. Only £6 on Amazon so a bit of a bargain. I can't wait to try the BBQ Smoked Scotch Eggs. :D

Associate
Hi all,

I am looking to get a BBQ and not sure sure what would be a good start. I have used both gas and charcoal before, I like the convenience of gas but I miss the taste/flavour of food cooked on charcoal. To that end I have been looking at Weber Kettle BBQ, not sure if I need a 47 or 57cm one but wondering what you guys would recommend.

Completely open to recommendations, doesn't have to be Weber, just looking for some advice. Budget wise unto about £200 or so.

Soldato
Nice.. That looks good! How big was it for £9?

Hi all,

I am looking to get a BBQ and not sure sure what would be a good start. I have used both gas and charcoal before, I like the convenience of gas but I miss the taste/flavour of food cooked on charcoal. To that end I have been looking at Weber Kettle BBQ, not sure if I need a 47 or 57cm one but wondering what you guys would recommend.

Completely open to recommendations, doesn't have to be Weber, just looking for some advice. Budget wise unto about £200 or so.

Weber Master Touch! :) Get the 57 as you can never have too much space but you can have too little. They're a really versatile piece of kit.

Back
Top Bottom