Poll: Winter Is Coming - HBO's A Game of Thrones [READ WARNING]

Who will rule Westeros?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

XPE

XPE

Soldato
Now that I have had time to think about the ending I think maybe it was a bit predictable, ultimately it didn’t feel like anything have change when the journey was over. John was still in the North, Sansa became the new Cersei and the council of the king got on with things as Tyrion as the hand, hell it ever look like they had rebuilt in the final scenes of the meeting.

I mean Daenerys story wasn’t a terrible idea but rush with an obvious ending. John once again the hero with no reward.

Also did Bran manipulate everything to get the crown?

Soldato
Now that I have had time to think about the ending I think maybe it was a bit predictable, ultimately it didn’t feel like anything have change when the journey was over. John was still in the North, Sansa became the new Cersei and the council of the king got on with things as Tyrion as the hand, hell it ever look like they had rebuilt in the final scenes of the meeting.

I mean Daenerys story wasn’t a terrible idea but rush with an obvious ending. John once again the hero with no reward.

Also did Bran manipulate everything to get the crown?

True that was the problem for me. I think we all knew 100% Danny would be killed and by either Tyrion or Jon in the final episode. So most of the final episode I kind of expected anyway. Certainly not the unexpected like we have to come to know GOT for.

The more I think about it the more it seems likely that bran knew. He can see into the past so likely one of the reasons he told Jon about his heritage. He had also seen into the future before so why not I guess.

As well as the “why do you think I came all this way” speech at the end.

Last edited:
Soldato
The more I think about it the more it seems likely that bran knew. He can see into the past so likely one of the reasons he told Jon about his heritage and thus ultimately leading to him being king as he likely had seen the future or even multiple futures as well.

That's a bit of a leap lol.

Man of Honour
Associate
I mostly agree, although the stompy night king version of the theme song always made me chuckle more than it made me feel intimidated.

Duh Duh, Du Du Duh, Duh.

Soldato
bar the Ed Sheeran appearance
Jeez, I'd almost forgotten where I'd buried that stinking corpse of a memory. That cameo dragged me through the 4th wall so hard & fast that I nearly threw up with motion sickness!

Was it the Coldplay drummer who played in the Red Wedding band? I'm too lazy to check, but that kind of background cameo is absolutely fine, even if it's a bit Media Luvvie Backslappy Club. But depriving an actor of work so Sheeran could get his visog on the telly box again or -- even worse -- tailoring a scene purely to facilitate the ginger gurner's appearance, is unforgivable. I started to worry about what was ahead then, because it was a sign that the show was starting to become bigger than the story.

Soldato
Really? Look back at that scene without knowing who Ed Sheeran is - he's hardly the worst actor there in what's already a pretty forced segment. Out of all the grizzles I have about the series, I don't think I'd be looking to die on the Ed Sheeran hill.

Back
Top Bottom