Brighton

Soldato
I need some info about Brighton for an upcoming project. Having never even visited I'm totally in the dark but hoping some locals might be able to shed some light!

Looking for a bit of local knowledge on history, current trends, landmark places to go and anything start-up/technology/innovation that relates to the city to promote it to Europeans. Basically make it look and seem as awesome as possible.

Obviously I'll be DMOR as well but you can't beat a bit of local.

Sui

Sui

Soldato
I need some info about Brighton for an upcoming project. Having never even visited I'm totally in the dark but hoping some locals might be able to shed some light!

Looking for a bit of local knowledge on history, current trends, landmark places to go and anything start-up/technology/innovation that relates to the city to promote it to Europeans. Basically make it look and seem as awesome as possible.

Obviously I'll be DMOR as well but you can't beat a bit of local.

I don't know much about the history, I've only lived here for about 8 months. There's plenty of gaming studios, marketing companies, (I think there's a few big conferences each year?) and just seems to be the place to be for anything slightly 'different'.

https://brightondigitalfestival.co.uk/ and https://www.brightonseo.com/ from a quick look.

You could go to the North Laine, the Pier, i360 (maybe), watch a show at The Dome/Komedia/Theatre, I can't think of anything that directly correlates with technology though :(

There's a whole host of great food as well but depends what you're looking for, I can't recommend 'posh' places, but if you fancy it https://www.busstop.biz/ does some cracking Carribean food.

Soldato
It has a dedicated cycle lane by the seafront.

Car parking is a nightmare.

Chris Eubank lives locally and can be seen doing eccentric things from time to time.

Apparently a popular gay gathering place.

Have we put you off going yet? ;)

Soldato
The walk from the station to the sea-front is particularly enjoyable, you'll get to see at least 10 homeless people completely off their **** on various kinds of narcotics slumped across an array of benches, door ways or sometimes just in the middle of the street.

Its an awful place.

Edit: I should say it has a lot of things going for it, the food, nightlife, shopping, events, etc - but the crowds, the obvious homeless/drug problem and the fact that for 6 months of the year it becomes unbearable at weekends due to the sheer volume of people that decide to visit as soon as there is a single ray of sunshine make it one of my least favourite places.

Soldato
It has a dedicated cycle lane by the seafront.

Car parking is a nightmare.

Chris Eubank lives locally and can be seen doing eccentric things from time to time.

Apparently a popular gay gathering place.

Have we put you off going yet? ;)

Not just parking just trying to go anywhere in a car is a nightmare forests of traffic lights everywhere (loony greens in charge hate cars)

Everyone knows where Eubank lives. Peter Andre used to live here and I nearly ran him over one day.

Its a crap hole. Anything else you want to know?

Back
Top Bottom