Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Associate
I'm pleased that United fans are happy with him, but don't try and make out that lots of prem clubs would love to have him. I'm a Leicester fan and would take schmeichel any day (except maybe Thursday nights :p).

Soldato
It's not just been league cup games though. His premier league record is 6 clean sheets in 7 appearances, including a penalty save and a couple of other crucial saves, particular in later stages of the Europa Leage

I don't think anyone here is suggesting he's competing with the best keepers in the league but he's good enough to not need to panic should De Gea leave.

Man of Honour
De Gea has been a bit flaky of late but he's an amazing keeper. Pulled off miracles behind a garbage defence that changed almost weekly.

I wouldn't begrudge him leaving.

Soldato
Yeah, but based on our previous signings, I just have no faith in players that would only (in my opinion) come for the money.

Obviously wouldn’t be that upset if he came of course, but just want a cohesive unit!
Why else would they come?

Man Utd is not top tier anymore; it can absolutely attract players coming from smaller teams based on current performance but otherwise it will have to outpay when top tier clubs are involved

Soldato
De Gea has trophies and a premier League winners medal. Where is Alison's winners medal?

How long ago was that exactly? We are talking in the present moment....and at the moment Ederson and Alisson are far superior. It isnt even a debate.

Alisson could well pick up a champions league medal by the way.

Caporegime
How long ago was that exactly? We are talking in the present moment....and at the moment Ederson and Alisson are far superior. It isnt even a debate.

Alisson could well pick up a champions league medal by the way.

And if he doesnt? You have also based your opinion of a keeper based on the four in front of him. How would Alison fare with Chris smalling and Phil Jones in front of him. Not as well as De Gea I might add.

Don
And if he doesnt? You have also based your opinion of a keeper based on the four in front of him. How would Alison fare with Chris smalling and Phil Jones in front of him. Not as well as De Gea I might add.
Last season? Considerably better actually. Based on the quality of chances conceded by Liverpool, we conceded 7.15 goals or 35.75% fewer goals than we should have. Utd on the other hand conceded 3.62 or 6.7% more goals based on the quality of chances than they conceded. In other words De Gea performed 6.7% worse than your average keeper. De Gea's form last season wasn't just poor by his own previous standards, it was poor by an average keeper's standards.

And fwiw, iinm Alisson was the leading keeper in Europe in this regard in the previous season at Roma too.

Caporegime
Last season? Considerably better actually. Based on the quality of chances conceded by Liverpool, we conceded 7.15 goals or 35.75% fewer goals than we should have. Utd on the other hand conceded 3.62 or 6.7% more goals based on the quality of chances than they conceded. In other words De Gea performed 6.7% worse than your average keeper. De Gea's form last season wasn't just poor by his own previous standards, it was poor by an average keeper's standards.

And fwiw, iinm Alisson was the leading keeper in Europe in this regard in the previous season at Roma too.

We only conceded 28 goals last season. Anyone can spin statistics to their own gain.

Also Roma is not in the premier league so what is that meant to prove? That's like comparing lap times of Silverstone to Monza. Lol

Back
Top Bottom