Terminator: Dark Fate

Soldato
I like the trailer tbf. My bro and I just watched the trailer and both said whence saw the very end "as long as arnie is in it we don't care".

He's in it... So we don't care, it will be cheesy and great!

Caporegime
Considering this is a sequel to Terminator 2: Judgment Day, ignoring the other movies, i'm interested to know why there is an old Arnie living in a cabin in the woods.

He was lowered in to the molten metal in T2, so can't be that one.

Caporegime
OP
Looks like they took a few notes from the Genisys John Connor terminator, looks like nanotech instead of liquid metal for the terminator in this.

Soldato
Looks very cookie cutter from that trailer but then again I have zero expectations for the series to a point where I mostly enjoyed Terminator 3 :D

Soldato
My big problem with Salvation was the lack of any actual Terminators. You only see a couple of T600's during the whole course of the movie and at that time point they were meant to be the most common model. Also, the Arniebot having Connor in it's hands and instead of just snapping his neck and changing the outcome of the War there and then, it decides to throw him around instead. Totally dumb writing. Connor is always meant to be just out of reach, it makes no sense for the Terminator not to kill him when it manages to grab him

Yeah, that was just bad writing; to have a remorseless killing machine with it's grip on it's target, just throw it around like a rag doll, just for the drama and spectacle of it. Sure, if the terminator was another man, then it would fit; humans do illogical things just for fun.

I'd hope that if any decent writer had written Salvation, any terminator would not have got hold of John. In the first and second films, neither the T-800 or T-1000 got hold of Sarah or John in such a way that you could question WTF was it doing by not finishing either of them off. Had either got hold of the target and managed not to kill either of them, you'd have to question those films and the world that Cameron was trying to portray. Having said that though, the T-1000 didn't kill Sarah in T2 after it had impaled and took her form. While she wasn't it's target, it does seem like a cop out that she didn't end up like John's foster parents, just because she was the heroine. Maybe Cameron should not have put her in that position.

Hopefully Dark Fate will have less stupid writing than T3, Salvation and Genisys; particularly Genisys; that was atrocious. After watching the trailer, it looks better than Genisys, but then I guess that isn't a hard thing to do. :p

Back
Top Bottom