**** The Official Samsung Galaxy S10 Family Thread ****

Soldato
Also, for me it's a necessity now, because my car's wireless charging bay is the exact size for only an S10e :p

rps20190522_110125_915.jpg
Brilliant! :p

Soldato
Anyone else have issues controlling Netflix to Chromecast via the lock screen? First issue is the show or movie shows as unknown and second issue is I have to unlock the screen to pause/skip episode etc

Associate
Is it worth getting the snapdragon s10e over Exynos?

I watched one of the comparison videos and the performance was better even the battery life in comparison with Exynos was 15% better.

However in another review I saw that the snapdragon S10e has a more eye popping colours but to the point where shadows looked too bright and fake. Bu the Exynos was more true to life will link videos when I’m home.

Last edited:
Soldato
It's a trade off between I would argue imperceptible performance differences on the speed and battery side Vs having to import etc.

I wouldn't say there's a knock out either way but certainly buying UK stock from a UK seller has its benefits and means exynos

Soldato
If you're really into your mobile photography, then subjectively Snapdragon has better camera processing and I believe you can only get the Pixel camera app on SP verson as well.

If you're ordering from where I think you'll be ordering, then chances are you will get a Hong Kong version of the phone. From what I heard, Samsung Pay won't work here in the UK bit Google Pay will.

Associate
If you're really into your mobile photography, then subjectively Snapdragon has better camera processing and I believe you can only get the Pixel camera app on SP verson as well.

If you're ordering from where I think you'll be ordering, then chances are you will get a Hong Kong version of the phone. From what I heard, Samsung Pay won't work here in the UK bit Google Pay will.

eGlobal so I can still pay via contactless then.

Soldato
eGlobal so I can still pay via contactless then.

Yeah from what I seen on HotUKDeals, people are receiving the Hong Kong version which has the UK 3 pin plug. Samsung Pay doesn't work with UK cards because it automatically selects the phone as from HK but Google Pay doesn't care.

Some mention issues with VoLTE but others say it's fine, maybe double check which bands are supported in the description.

I believe mrk here has the Snapdragon S10e so I'm sure he can answer from experience.

Associate
Samsung Pay doesn't work with UK cards because it automatically selects the phone as from HK but Google Pay doesn't care.

Is this the case with HK phones only? Not exactly the same thing but on my experience, my S10 Plus (UAE version) takes USA cards for Samsung Pay, even if Samsung Pay is tailored for the Middle East market.
(deals and points are all for ME)

Associate

And let's not forget some (or all?) SD models have still not received the Night Mode camera update on the latest May security patch. My Exynos version got the Night Mode update in the April patch, and further Night Mode improvements on the May patch.

Associate
The Galaxy "Sexus" as dubbed by reddit. It's the holy grail of Android phones that will never ever be :( Samsung hardware with Google software (mostly the camera mathematics and bundled app cleanliness).

My review of the S10e is now up!

https://www.neowin.net/news/samsung-galaxy-s10e-review-its-an-all-round-pocket-rocket

Good review there Mrk.

I'll confess I've not read many reviews of the S10 range but have wondered about battery capacity. My S9+ is supposed to have 3500mAh but right from the start Accubattery Pro has estimated just over 3100mHa and is estimated to to be 2920mAh some just shy of 14 months later. Never really sure if we weren't 'done' or was the battery 3500 but only 3100 available. Anyone comment on what their S10 and S10+ models have regards battery (sorry not read the whole thread)? Never really an issue as has always got through the day.

Associate
I'm looking to upgrade my s8 to the s10. I want to stick with EE but there plans are a bit ridiculous at the moment.

Dies anyone know from past experience when EE plans will start to drop in price?

Associate
I'm looking to upgrade my s8 to the s10. I want to stick with EE but there plans are a bit ridiculous at the moment.

Dies anyone know from past experience when EE plans will start to drop in price?

I called EE to upgrade from my S8 to a 10+. They quoted silly money, so I asked for my PAC.

I went for a SIM only deal with BT (I have BB with them and a Plus user) for 10pm. Traded the S8 into Samsung direct for £250 and joined the Samsung upgrade program. Total mo they cost is now £35 with 20gb data.

Remains to be seen if I've gone the right way or not but I guess time will tell.

Soldato
Direct EE prices are absolute insanity, resellers are all pretty reasonable though.

If you want to keep your number just get a PAYG sim from a different network, transfer your number to that, ask for PAC code and then transfer it back to your new EE contract.

Back
Top Bottom