BMW and M Power Owners

Soldato
Had my 125 serviced today. When I came out I checked the service details on iDrive, and noticed that the vehicle inspection date appeared to be editable. It was 4/2020, so I changed it to 11/2020 (as this is when something else is apparently due). Then I tried to change it again, and it still allowed me to. Is this normal? The year wasn't editable - only the month.

5IJtGxH.jpg

JTbVjo6.jpg

Associate
Put down the deposit for the z4 35i yesterday and I'm sat by the phone waiting for it to ring. Transport company will get the car down on Tuesday. They need to change all tyres, but have said I can look at it prior to them doing their work on the car, to ensure I will go ahead with it. In pictures it looks fantastic, so hopeful nothing wrong with it up-close.

Funds secured (surprised how easy it was to apply for a loan via my phone and approved within 10 seconds of hitting the apply button :eek:)
Got some insurance quotes, which proved to be a challenge!*

Getting excited, can't wait!! :D:D:D

*Named driver on my policy had an accident, which did not affect my NCB, but all insurance companies ask for any claims/accidents for both drivers. This resulted in me putting the same claim against the both of us. I phoned direct line for a quote as well, and asked them about this and they said the claim goes with the driver at the wheel in time of accident, so should only put it against the missus.
Also, wanted to start building the missus' NCB, but that proved to be cost prohibitive for the BMW, even though I put 0 years NCB for myself as well, due to my other years being used for our main car. Anyway, got a multicar insurance quote with Admiral for £1,100 for both cars, on my name, including business use on our main car. For the Z4 on its own the quote was £850, so I'll go ahead with the multicar quote most probably as it makes sense.

Soldato
It’s not for me. Luckily quite a lot of M140i have been sold so there should be plenty to pick from second hand in the next few years!

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
The "Sport" line looks like an SE, how comical is that...

Also the kidney grilles are no longer kidney grilles in standard BMW signature style if they've lost their slats. May as well be a Lexus or Audi grille now.

Seems Porsche are the only automakers now that stay true to their styling legacy and just improve the design where it matters most and it works well every single time.

SMH.

Soldato
Courtesy car of win (not) for me today. Dropped the m3 off for some warranty work and a service. Was promised an m240 which I though was reasonable, I ended up with a 335d xdrive touring. I was like the kid that doesn't get his favourite toy for Christmas lol. And to top it off there was 19 miles range on it so I've had to put a bit in the tank:mad:.
If it makes you feel any better, I handed my ancient E46 330Ci Clubsport in and had a courtesy Merc C43 AMG in return :p

Soldato
Also the kidney grilles are no longer kidney grilles in standard BMW signature style if they've lost their slats. May as well be a Lexus or Audi grille now.
The hex mesh grille is for the M Performance model, the rest of the range gets standard slats

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
I know, but that doesn't make it any better at all given tha M performance trim is typically the most desirable trim on non M cars in the UK because "M car bruv" so we'll end up seeing those most often.

It looks like a Mazda 3 from the side profile!

Back
Top Bottom