HP Reverb

Soldato
It's more they feel light and cheap, not so much unusable. The actual headset looks very good, the numbers on the games at ss 2.0 are mightily impressive. The choice really is what you'll mainly want out of VR, if it's mainly sim games then the HP leads the way from what we know of the device.

Lots of unknowns about the index, but definitely the better general purpose platform.

Soldato
It's more they feel light and cheap, not so much unusable. The actual headset looks very good, the numbers on the games at ss 2.0 are mightily impressive. The choice really is what you'll mainly want out of VR, if it's mainly sim games then the HP leads the way from what we know of the device.

Lots of unknowns about the index, but definitely the better general purpose platform.
I'd take those fps numbers with a pinch of salt, I also have a 1080ti and with ss at 2.0 with a cv1 so lower res than the reverb I get much lower numbers.

Associate
ln9r9qhew6y21.jpg

The headset has been recalled apparently.

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/WindowsMR/comments/bojv9d/hp_reverb_recalled/

Soldato

TLDW;

+Amazing resolution and clarity
+Excellent microphone
+Very comfortable
+Built in headphones
+Not too heavy
+Great for Sims

-Small sweet spot
-Less stereo overlap
-black levels poor
-low brightness
-requires top-end graphics card
-WMR controllers are bad - poor ergonomics and tracking.

Soldato
That graphics comparison is great - the reverb has next gen quality compared to a rift s.

But the negatives are a real let down for me

Feels like they put all the cost into the screen quality and sacrificed tracking, controllers etc

Soldato
To be fair that's more a legacy of it being a WMR device, with no effort required in those areas for the target audience.

I think they could have resolved the small sweet spot issue though, and why did they yank it?

Soldato
I think they could have resolved the small sweet spot issue though, and why did they yank it?

They've not been specific, but they identified an issue which could have caused the device to fail in some way (don't know if that means it'd be useless or just degraded - e.g. bad mura), so they decided to stop delivery, cancel orders and recall the few that had been sent out. You only get one chance to make a first impression, so it's best to pull it than to generate loads of complaints due to quality issues.

Soldato
That graphics comparison is great - the reverb has next gen quality compared to a rift s.

But the negatives are a real let down for me

Feels like they put all the cost into the screen quality and sacrificed tracking, controllers etc

Does look great but I'm not sure if its worth it...

Soldato
Indeed, one step closer to living the dream.

But I never hold much faith in these comparison shots. That last text shot comparing the s to the cv1/pro shined the rift s in a better light.

Soldato
Disappointed, won’t be getting this one.

The controller and tracking i can’t ignore

Last hope is the htc cosmos now as far as good inside out tracking headsets go - the rift s is too low resolution

Back
Top Bottom