• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Something super is coming...

Associate
Wot, whaaat... I just bought a 2080ti for 1300 quid

I hope my card doesnt lose its value to 700 pounds, wot a load of ******

Not trying to make it personal but when you bought it didn't u feel you were paying a rip off price? Didnt you think, hang on, nvidia top card (titan aside) tends to be £600-800ish? Nvidia should be reducing these prices because they are a joke. If people had been more sensible and boycott it we would have had £800 cards within a month. But if it makes u feel better, im sure nvidia arent planning to reduce price anytime soon :)

Soldato
Nintendo Super Switch with Tegra 3 chip and E3 launch is my guess

But if it's a Turing refresh which has been rumored then it better have HDMI 2.1 ports!

Soldato
What would be cool is a VRR module to go between two display cables instead of needing fitting directly onto a monitor (like the old Gsync modules). Don't know if that'd even be possible.

Soldato
Nintendo Super Switch with Tegra 3 chip and E3 launch is my guess

But if it's a Turing refresh which has been rumored then it better have HDMI 2.1 ports!
It was posted under the RTX twitter page so I'm assuming this publicity is about a new GPU. I personally doubt it's a refresh of the entire range and reckon it'll be top end, whatever it is. Seems a bit early for 7nm from NV.
Any thoughts about a second card for RT only? Super RT
Or could be Super Mario image instead of space invaders when they go pop :D

Soldato
It was posted under the RTX twitter page so I'm assuming this publicity is about a new GPU. I personally doubt it's a refresh of the entire range and reckon it'll be top end, whatever it is. Seems a bit early for 7nm from NV.
Any thoughts about a second card for RT only? Super RT
Or could be Super Mario image instead of space invaders when they go pop :D
It’s definitely not 7nm. NVIDIA have no 7nm wafer order for 2019

Soldato
It’s definitely not 7nm. NVIDIA have no 7nm wafer order for 2019

Absolutely. Their 14nm is smashing it in perf/watt and absolute perf. Some incredible design/engineering, no need for the expense of 7nm yet with AMD hand wringing. Navi won't challenge absolute perf, that seems clear and GCN isn't exactly known to be frugal on power. 7nm might mask this somewhat but I wouldn't be surprised to see NV on top of perf/watt

Associate
I'm guessing this is the official relaunch announcement of the 20 series with upgraded memory.

Clearly another marketing ploy to steal any limelight AMD may have taken from them.

Nvidia remind me of Donald Trump... Always got to be centre of attention... Me, me, me :D

Soldato
If it’s a refresh and they give the 2080ti the same specs as the Titan plus faster memory and hdmi 2.1 I’ll definitely take one.

Then I’ll have. A good reason to grab one of those shiny new 4K 120hz TVs

Caporegime
This **** ain't modular son, stuff like HDMI version just can't be 'swapped out' you know. You get what you get, you'll have to wait til next gen before that happens (if Navi hasn't got it, which I suspect it might not have).

Back
Top Bottom