Theresa May to go

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
No threads on this?

Going on 7th July

I like the last bit of the speech, bit spooky, bit dramatic.

You may say to yourself Theresa who?

So how would you sum her premiership up, politics in the West has become such a personal popularity contest that it's difficult for them to breath without massive consequences.

They become cartoon characters that should be able to come up with the perfect answers to all questions. Tough job.

I think she did ok. Must be a very difficult position to be in, juggling all the egotistical people in her presence.

Who will replace her?

Soldato
I think she did fine, she should have stayed. If we end up with Boris it's going to be a total **** show.

I foresee the only outcome of Brexit to be a no-deal and then the **** is really going to hit the fan.

Soldato
I think she's been trying to do an impossible job as nobody is ever going to agree, the country is near as dammit split entirely down the middle and somehow she has to find a solution everyone is going to accept

Caporegime
Will go down as the worst PM in history
Not really sure that’s fair on her, mainly because Cameron ran off when he lost the referendum and in essence left her an almighty job to see out the Brexit plan. Which hasn’t gone her way. Not sure if I can say she’s tried her best for the British people, not a Tory voter myself. But I imagine it hasn’t been an easy ride for her regardless.

If she gets the title of the worst PM in history then I do feel that is unduly harsh on her.

Soldato
I think she's been trying to do an impossible job as nobody is ever going to agree, the country is near as dammit split entirely down the middle and somehow she has to find a solution everyone is going to accept
Exactly. I wouldn't agree with her politics, but I respect how she tried to get the job done.

And we all know it's going to be Boris next. God help us all. Let's save the 'Worst PM in history' label until after that buffoon is done.

Soldato
She was a bench warmer that took the position no one else wanted when she had the chance, as that was the only way she would get it. She had a impossible task to take on.

She traded in her beliefs and values for enough support to keep the job.

What set her apart from every other PM and most party leaders is that she had absolutely no voter support. The Tories had voter support but she didn't which is incredibly important when you are PM or even party leader as it protects you against your party. The Corbynites give Corbyn a level of immunity like Farage followers give him. May never had this and the quickest way to get a level of personal support was to appeal to the new Tory voters as well as the UKIP voters post referendum after Farage stepped back (no point in appealing to loyalist voters, if they are going to vote for the party regardless, they dont protect you from within). Their loyalty was short lived as it became clear she couldn't deliver.

To be honest, the country's state never really gave her the chance to prove herself. She couldn't get loyalty or support within her own cabinet, let alone her own party, parliament or the support of the people. How much power did she really have?

Held on well though.

Soldato
Is there any possibility that Brexit just won’t happen at all, somehow?
Is that half the plan with everything getting dragged out for so long?
(I don’t follow politics, at all...)

Soldato

To be honest, the country's state never really gave her the chance to prove herself. She couldn't get loyalty or support within her own cabinet, let alone her own party, parliament or the support of the people. How much power did she really have?

Held on well though.

Summed up well with these two comments above - I've no feelings either way for her personally - I think she had a stinker of a job to try and find a solution for Brexit - Spent most of her time trying to avoid getting stabbed in the back.

Associate

As much as I don't think it's the right thing overall - a brexit with a deal would probably have enough public support. If it's that or hard brexit the remainers will get behind the deal and I imagine the brexit voters will be split between a deal and a hard brexit...

Soldato
Is there any possibility that Brexit just won’t happen at all, somehow?
Is that half the plan with everything getting dragged out for so long?
(I don’t follow politics, at all...)
That's what i think, it's like there stalling constantly. Definitely by this date. Extension. Definitely by this date. So on and so on.
Im convinced it will never happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom