• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
stop arguing points I am not making - I know all that and have repeatedly agreed. it's irrelevant to the conversation I am having. if you haven't followed the post I have been conversing about then please and I mean this with all due respect stop trying to draw me into a debate I can't have - because I agree with you!! track the quotes back and you'll find what I am specifically debating.

Intel having used dirty and illegal tricks to keep AMD small is very relevant fact, if you want to point fingers at AMD for not being always able to compete.

And if Intel still delivered when not having to push performance, then where is that Intel "quality" when Intel CPUs are having constantly growing list of vulnerabilities?
Combined performance penalty from all security fixes must be by now major for some server workload scenarios.
After all those years of "Intel means quality and reliability" public image...

With Intel's resources and time they had it should have been easy to go through design to fix shortcuts taken earlier.

Its only goal is to vacuum wealth and resources from the population like a black hole.
Didn't want to have AMD as a second supplier to IBM and the PC industry as a whole.
Didn't want to keep the competition with AMD fair and based on the merits and qualities of the products themselves.
Didn't want to give a 64-bit architecture till much later.
Did want to segment the market in such a way that the superior architecture was given to the notebooks (original Core was available only to notebooks).
etc, etc.

Soldato
Its only goal is to vacuum wealth and resources from the population like a black hole.
Didn't want to have AMD as a second supplier to IBM and the PC industry as a whole.
Didn't want to keep the competition with AMD fair and based on the merits and qualities of the products themselves.
Didn't want to give a 64-bit architecture till much later.
Did want to segment the market in such a way that the superior architecture was given to the notebooks (original Core was available only to notebooks).
etc, etc.
sweet christ on a cross - head on over to GD or SC if you want to have a play in an echo chamber mate - we've all agreed intel are evil monsters, move on with your life man.

Caporegime
i dont get why some get so hell bent about brands. forget brands just get whats best. companies dont love you. they love your money. take the brand out of the equation and save your blood pressure.:p

Permabanned
i dont get why some get so hell bent about brands. forget brands just get whats best. companies dont love you. they love your money. take the brand out of the equation and save your blood pressure.:p

I get Ryzen because for me Ryzen is the best. Yes, it doesn't have the peak IPC/frequency as intel's equivalents but it has much improved longevity compared to any i-something in its price tag, and also super power efficiency and performance.
What's not to like?

Soldato

That's exactly why I bought my 1700. Don't game much any more and the money saved got me more/faster RAM. Nothing from Intel came close at the time (or now) for my use case. User a TR 1950X at work, also eagerly awaiting expensing next gen TR, assuming it stays in the same socket. Will be getting a 12/16 core Ryzen assuming it'll drop into my B350 and work well enough too.

Gee

Gee

Soldato

176 IQ statement this mate. Mensa must be glad to have you on board. Kappa.

Back
Top Bottom