Weird New Build problem

Associate
Hi,

I've just completed a new build based around an OC CPU\Mem\Mboard package on a Z390 Aurus Ultra m/board with a single M2 drive. Checked BIOS, M2 drive recognised, temp, fans etc all working fine. I plug in an external DVD with a Windows 10 bootable disk and proceed to boot. Select DVD as boot drive, it reads from the DVD and displays the Windows Logo on the screen then after about ten seconds the monitor just goes blank. The PC is still running, it's no longer trying to read from the DVD and the motherboard is showing normal status A0. I've tried two different external DVD drives and checked my Windows boot disk on another PC, all OK. I've not seen this behaviour before. Any assistance gratefully received.

Andy

Soldato
For too many things it could be for a simple answer, but have you considered putting the Windows on USB and trying to install from that? You can download a Windows install image from the Microsoft site. Lets you take the DVD and DVD driver issues out of the equation. Last time I had that it was an issue with Windows not having the driver necessary for the motherboard's onboard networking chip. That was an ASUS motherboard. Had to slipstream the driver into the Windows image, iirc.

A2Z

A2Z

Soldato
If you have a HD with a working Windows (maybe from previous PC?) try plugging that in and see if it works to narrow down the issue.

Associate
OP
For too many things it could be for a simple answer, but have you considered putting the Windows on USB and trying to install from that? You can download a Windows install image from the Microsoft site. Lets you take the DVD and DVD driver issues out of the equation. Last time I had that it was an issue with Windows not having the driver necessary for the motherboard's onboard networking chip. That was an ASUS motherboard. Had to slipstream the driver into the Windows image, iirc.

Thanks - will try this first.

Could be the monitor (or the resolution being output to the monitor not displayable)

Possibly but the graphics card worked natively with the same monitor, so I'm going to try the USB stick first.

Thanks to you both for the quick responses.

Back
Top Bottom