Energy Suppliers

Man of Honour
Mine was done by British Gas. The meter aspect works but the smart reading doesn't, BG said it's something to do with the fact it's a new build (well, 4 years old now) and the local supplier. Someone is coming round at some point to sort it.

Soldato
Could anyone recommend a supplier for the DE23 area of Derby? Or are comparison sites still best?

Just comparison site it. Im in NG11 so i wouldn't imagine we would be different as i think prices are zone based and both would be east midlands, last august when I changed provider bulb were best for me havent checked since but they have also had a price drop since so I'm guessing they are still one of the cheapest.

I actually had that new gecko company knock on my door the other day to tell me they would be cheaper and I thought it'd be a laugh to string him along knowing they wouldn't and he was dumb founded and I was apparently the first person he had ever met that already paid less. So much he asked who I was with so he could look at switching himself!

EDIT: Just had a quick look again, the only other remotely reputable company that'll offer any savings is Tonik at £2pm savings. MSE is one of the better comparison websites as you can also set it up so they will email you when you can make X savings per year.

Last edited:
Soldato
Shopping around and it seems like it's cheaper to do gas and electric separately as opposed to having one company provide both too. I think i'll hold off and sort it out Sunday.

Caporegime
Will you be able to have gas and electric on separate providers once smart meters are installed?

Does anyone have any opinions on eversmart?

Last edited:
Soldato
Hope it works better than the ones they've been installing so far.
Not 100% sure on what goes into installing one but they have requested me to be in attendance as the home owner to show them the gas and electric supply, how to turn the boiler off etc.

What's the issue with the previous one?

Back
Top Bottom