HGV Drivers Report In!

Soldato
Well.. After trying to get us to go 100% Merc ( due to our German owners) and getting shafted on the deal we are now going over to Scania.
We got shafted on Mercs because they offered a cheaper price... And when the contract was signed then told us it was Plus £5000 per vehicle per year servicing charge and Merc are hopeless at after care servicing !
https://www.scania.com/uk/en/home/e...eration-scania-trucks-for-nagel-langdons.html

Our depot wont be getting any until june next year as we've only put 450K K's on them so far ! (We get new vehicles every 3 years)

I must say that I'm not a big fan of Scanias but Truck East (Scania) ARE awesome. Heck they even used to service our Renaults when Renault couldn't even get the bits in overnight !

Bridgwater, Somerset-based Nagel Langdons Limited has selected Scania as its preferred supplier for 2019/20 with a major order placed for 205 trucks with Scania (Great Britain) Limited. Comprising a mix of rigid and articulated tractor units, the new vehicles will be based around Nagel Langdon's eight UK depots and will run on a variety of temperature-controlled distribution and trunking operations.

Soldato
Just another day (Night actually) on the A605.
An awful lot of crashes happen at this very point for this very reason.
I braked when I realised he was actually going to keep on going for it ! Not a very clever thing to make a fully freighted truck brake on a steep hill but I don't want to be involved in any shenanigans.

Associate
Unbelievable, extremely poor driving, how can he not see that he should have backed out of that overtake. Funny how he says thanks, like you really had a choice anyway.

Soldato
OP
Scary to hear about all that's happening with British Steel at this time, big deal for us who have a role in moving their product out of Teesside and Scunthorpe. Watch this space :(

On a more pleasent note, lovely sunrise above the yard gave for a nice photo before heading to Scotland!
4xDo4wv.jpg

Caporegime
Scary to hear about all that's happening with British Steel at this time, big deal for us who have a role in moving their product out of Teesside and Scunthorpe. Watch this space :(

On a more pleasent note, lovely sunrise above the yard gave for a nice photo before heading to Scotland!
4xDo4wv.jpg
Yeah, thought of you boys yesterday when the news was announced.:(

Tell me those beams aren’t loaded via a dock leveller? :eek:

Soldato
We got the news about Biritsh Steel yesterday at work and it's a bit of a knock for us guys too. Is posting pictures in here ok if you aren't a driver? I'm a planner at a haulage firm and we have some cool stuff come by the yard every now and then.

Soldato
Insane weather conditions last night.

Driving on the A6006 from Zouch to Melton was NOT a pleasant experience. At least 2 feet deep standing water on just about every bend and the Jack Richards Tautliner I was following was throwing a forest at me !
I hope he has a good "Bash-Bar" on the top of the headboard !!

Not last night but here's a short vid of an issue we shortarses suffer from (The sunvisor doesn't come down low enough)

Btw.. YES that's what it we really see ! (Or don't as the case may be )

Caporegime
Agreed, delightful weather yesterday and not much better this morning, stay safe peeps.

I pity you shorter guys, nothing worse than low sun blindness.....

@Outcast - have you had any idea f the new Scania’s yet at your place, any thoughts on them? :)

Soldato
OP
Got upgraded into a new motor this Friday, a huge stepup from my old 105 XF, much comfier with more stuff inside, looking forward to seeing how it drives tomorrow :)

qVkFvUY.jpg

Last edited:
Caporegime
Got upgraded into a new motor this Friday, a huge stepup from my old 105 XF, much comfier with more stuff inside, looking forward to seeing how it drives tomorrow :)
Nice motors, I’m back in my old one again and whilst it’s tech is not as good as the new models, I still love it!

Never got the thing of truckers putting their name in the windscreen , each to his own I guess, I can hardly talk mind you, I’ve got Zippy from Rainbow,Animal from the Muppets and a Gorilla placed in mine along with a Pink Floyd Pig hanging like furry dice! :D

UOZVP2v.png

Last edited:
Soldato
The awesome sound system makes such a difference doesn't it ?
Our Mercs have a much more useful sound system/Head Unit but the sound quality is utter crap.

The Scanias have a single din that takes an age to search for BT phone but the sound quality is bangin !
We had a Rental MAN (Slow as....) but the sound system was amazing. Even had a sub built in behind the drivers seat.
We really really didn't care how long a journey took coz the ch00ns were amazing.

Back
Top Bottom