Vodafone Fiber 900meg???

Associate
Installation of this has started in Cambridge and I'm sorely tempted.

Vodafone are notorious for dire customer service mind, so there is that worry.

Support is being handled in the UK by Entanet/CityFibre ;) also, the network is built in a much more resilient manner.

We have a close relationship with Entanet and their Tech Support Manager came in to demo how they would be handling and diagnosing the faults on it where they can pinpoint the fault to literally a few feet or specific equipment. Very VERY good stuff (in theory).

Shawrey

Soldato
Work men have been and gone from street leaving a nice junction box sunk into the path outside the property, just waiting for them to allow sign ups :D

The guys doing it are grafters that's for sure but there's lots left to be said about the state they have left the paths in (not that they were great to begin with)

Caporegime
Support is being handled in the UK by Entanet/CityFibre ;) also, the network is built in a much more resilient manner.

We have a close relationship with Entanet and their Tech Support Manager came in to demo how they would be handling and diagnosing the faults on it where they can pinpoint the fault to literally a few feet or specific equipment. Very VERY good stuff (in theory).

Shawrey
Do you work for CityFibre/Vodafone?

Associate
Fair enough. Don't suppose you have a roll out schedule do you? We got a CityFiber flyer through the door but can't find anything as to when its actually being installed.

I don't have that level of info - sorry chap.

What I can say is that there's no official word from Enta/CityFibre yet on wholesaler's to resell it yet other than 'soon'.

Shawrey

Soldato
Exciting. Can you let us know about the install process? Where and how they run the fibre to the property. I can see this being the biggest problem for me, as I want it in my electrical cupboard which is in the centre of the house. I already have a existing internal route which I successfully negotiated both BT and virgin to install their cables to.

Soldato
I wish one of the alt-nets would come by my day. They are working in Manchester and Huddersfield, I'm in the middle.

I think nearly all the alt-nets are cheaper than the BT Openreach offerings, and generally offer higher speeds in both downloads and uploads.

Associate
So, got connected up today, the installation took about 1 hour.
The guys who turned up were great, they managed to do the install in the location I specified which involved a bit of fiber cable routing.
Currently sitting on a solid 500/500, I'll report back when I've had a change to play about with more of the router settings.

Associate
So, got connected up today, the installation took about 1 hour.
The guys who turned up were great, they managed to do the install in the location I specified which involved a bit of fiber cable routing.
Currently sitting on a solid 500/500, I'll report back when I've had a change to play about with more of the router settings.

Sweet, I wish they would hurry up and do more cities.

Can you post any photos of the install?

Associate

Sure I should get chance to upload some pictures before the end of the week.

I must say they did a tidy job inside and out, although my front garden is pretty easy, as it's gravel on top of a membrane, so they just lifted the sheet to one side and dug a shallow trench which is easy enough to re-cover afterwards.
It would probably be a much more involved job if you had something like block paving in between your house and the street fiber point.

LiE

LiE

Caporegime

I've had mine since January, installation was quite easy because I have a gravel drive. 900/900, downloads 50GB games in under 10 minutes. Running cat 7 cable from route to my Mac to unlock the max speed. On Wifi most devices get around 300-400Mbps

This is a photo I took while they were laying the cable. It will be interesting when I get the drive block paved, will need to be careful.

n9TqCpQ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom