Reheating chinese takeaway?

Soldato
I've got leftovers from last night. Beef chow mein, although there's no beef left just noodles and bean sprouts, egg fried rice, large spring/pancake roll which I think has prawn in it, some sweet and sour fried chicken balls, and some hong kong style sweet n sour pork.

What would be the best way to reheat it? Shall I reheat the spring roll, chicken balls and pork in the oven for about 20 minutes at about 180c and the chow mein in the microwave?

I'm sure I've reheated egg fried rice before but I've just read it shouldn't be done because it's initially cooked, cooled and then fried, so it's already been reheated. Can anyone confirm?

Soldato
OP
Ah thanks fellas, good to hear. And sorry for the 2 or 3 threads on the trot :p. I'm going out soon so it was a last minute panic to check I can reheat safely.

But regarding microwaving the chicken balls and spring roll instead of in the oven, I'd lose all crispiness I guess.

Soldato
OP
Here goes then. Piping hot from microwave. Hopefully will be alive tomorrow. Otherwise, any flowers you prefer guys for my gravestone, I'm not fussy.

20190524-183524.jpg

Soldato
I always get Chinese curry with egg fried rice, and get chips, from the chippy not the Chinese, to bulk it out so that I have leftovers.

I eat the rice and curry mixture cold next day. tastes amazing.

Caporegime
Strange thing is, I’ve always found Chinese rice lovely when reheated, but rice from the Indian always has a horrible taste when I reheat it the next day. I don’t know if there’s something they use in it that doesn’t do well reheated.

Soldato
I ordered a Chinese chicken curry last night whilst drunk and having my beer food goggles on (false appetite) . So to my wife's utter looks of disgust I heated it up this morning with some nice bread and and I made chicken curry breakfast sandwiches :p. Then spent all afternoon like a hovercraft just to add to the wife's displeasure

Soldato
I ordered a Chinese chicken curry last night whilst drunk and having my beer food goggles on (false appetite) . So to my wife's utter looks of disgust I heated it up this morning with some nice bread and and I made chicken curry breakfast sandwiches :p. Then spent all afternoon like a hovercraft just to add to the wife's displeasure

That gave me a good chuckle, thanks :D

Don
For a bit of science, the reason you're recommended not to reheat rice isn't because of the bacteria (which get killed in the microwave) but because of the toxins that the bacteria releases. If they release enough of the toxins, you can get food poisoning. So it's irrelevant how hot you cook it afterwards, its dependent on how much toxin has been released before you kill them.

If the rice has been cooked properly, cooled properly (for example left in a fridge) then the chances of toxin poisoning are slim. If you leave it on the worktop overnight and reheat the following morning, not such a good idea.

Advice from the NHS website - snip

Back
Top Bottom