Could you do this?

Soldato
I think plenty of older folk sleep in separate beds, but a partner outright saying hanky panky will never happen would be difficult to get over. That's coming from someone in his mid-thirties though. Totally understand libidos diminishing etc. but you'd have to ask why it is being taken off the table. Most reasons (mental, physical, historical) can be worked through with the help of professionals. To flat-out refuse seems rather selfish, almost.

Soldato
I've got Borderline Personality Disorder, I'm lucky my wife understands that although I know she loves me, sex cements that knowledge for me.

So no, I couldn't do that because in my messed up head, no "jiggy jiggy means no love!"

Associate
She probably wants the companionship more than the actual relationship. At that age who wants to be alone and having 1 partner for a long time would probably make you feel guilty going elsewhere so she’s no doubt torn herself rather than just not wanting to.
Me personally I wouldn’t want to go the rest of my days not being able to be intimate because it’s as tho your just filling the spot where her true lover was rather than being something new

Soldato
You still drew that out hugely... God forbid what you were worried of writing!!

"The husband of a good friend of mine passed away, and now she is re-married but has told her new husband she doesn't want to be intimate with him in the bedroom. Could you deal with that?"

The answer, is no probably not.
Summed up well, on both counts!

Back
Top Bottom