Car Park Fine - Help

Associate
DO NOT IGNORE IT

4/5 years ago I parked in a hotel run by the company Parking Eye.

I used the hotel facilities like normal and didn't bother paying the ticket because I thought to myself 'It's a private company what can they do'

Ignored several letters, they went straight in the bin.

So I'm sitting in work and decided to use our system to perform a credit check on myself. Scroll down and I've got a CCJ against my name because of that bloody parking fine. Now it could potentially stop me getting a mortgage etc.

Private companies can still action CCJ's against you so DONT IGNORE IT.

Just pay it.

Soldato
DO NOT IGNORE IT

I used the hotel facilities like normal and didn't bother paying the ticket because I thought to myself 'It's a private company what can they do'

So I'm sitting in work and decided to use our system to perform a credit check on myself. Scroll down and I've got a CCJ against my name because of that bloody parking fine. Now it could potentially stop me getting a mortgage etc.

Just pay it.

Surely you'll have had court letters before it got to CCJ level? It's one thing ignoring the company but ignoring court letters is moronic!

Soldato
Surely you'll have had court letters before it got to CCJ level? It's one thing ignoring the company but ignoring court letters is moronic!
Maybe not moronic but definitely not wise. You can not get a CCJ without court papers coming to your registered address.

I've been to court several times and won all my cases but there are hundreds that don't show up. There names are just presented on a list and the judge summarily rules against them.

Soldato
You sound like one of those dashcam warriors that puts themselves in stupid situations so they can rage while pointing at their camera and post the nicely edited clip on YouTube later for others to froth over.

I'm impressed by the mental gymnastics you must have performed to get to this opinion.

Private Parking Companies and the chimps they employ need treating with the contempt they deserve. How my opinion of them automatically makes me a "dashcam-warrior", is puzzling to say the least.

Caporegime
I'm impressed by the mental gymnastics you must have performed to get to this opinion.

Private Parking Companies and the chimps they employ need treating with the contempt they deserve. How my opinion of them automatically makes me a "dashcam-warrior", is puzzling to say the least.

Still haven’t others posts, like if you don’t use it, why not return it?

And can’t you see they are doing you a favour by patrolling it?

This isn’t about the parking companies, this is about you.

Soldato
Still haven’t others posts, like if you don’t use it, why not return it?

And can’t you see they are doing you a favour by patrolling it?

This isn’t about the parking companies, this is about you.

I do use my blue badge.
I use it in council operated car parks where the marked bays are legally enforceable.

Or on double yellows...

Or in lawfully proscribed disabled bays...

...where not using it would lead to a genuine PCN.

"Doing me a favour by enforcing it"? Have you even been to a supermarket carpark and seen the typical disabled bay user??

Caporegime
I do use my blue badge.
I use it in council operated car parks where the marked bays are legally enforceable.

Or on double yellows...

"Doing me a favour by enforcing it"? Have you even been to a supermarket carpark and seen the typical disabled bay user??

So you are purposely picking a fight with parking companies.

There is no point arguing with someone with far too much time on their hands with an axe to grind.

Man of Honour

It's not your opinion of them that puts you in that camp it's the going looking for a fight for no reason that puts you in there with that lot.

Soldato
I do use my blue badge.

Or on double yellows...

I can’t understand why you wouldn’t use it. Seems utterly bizarre.

Not only that, but other Blue Badge holders seeing your car in a space when they’ve been unable to park in one might feel a bit miffed.

Soldato
DO NOT IGNORE IT

Just pay it.

No don't just pay it.

Just don't ignore an official letter before court action.

The reason they start court action is because people like you end up getting CCJs and then end up scaremongering.

If you actually defend it, they will most likely discontinue the claim before any actual hearing. If you ignore it then they win by default.

There is no debt until they win in court. Until then it is a speculative claim, not really that different to a stranger giving you an invoice for a contract you supposedly agreed to (and probably never actually read).

Back
Top Bottom