• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

AMD Zen 2 (Ryzen 3000) - *** NO COMPETITOR HINTING ***

Permabanned
2600k here under water at 4.8ghz still kicks ass and takes names quite happily, but i'm getting antsy and i want some team red loving

Sure :rolleyes: How much is your power consumption? 200 W or more? My 15 W laptop chip Ryzen 5 2500U is in the ballpark performance-wise with your 4.8 GHz nuclear power plant.

Soldato
Sure :rolleyes: How much is your power consumption? 200 W or more? My 15 W laptop chip Ryzen 5 2500U is in the ballpark performance-wise with your 4.8 GHz nuclear power plant.
He would have used way more power (1.21 Gigawatts x2) to travel forward and back in time to buy and use your laptop for the last 6 years...

Soldato
He would have used way more power (1.21 Gigawatts x2) to travel forward and back in time to buy and use your laptop for the last 6 years...

yip and it lives in my office and our leccy is included in the rent :) also between that and the 8 core mac pro tucked under my desk i dont need to heating on in the winter. not everyone cares about power use.

that said apart from the rabid fanboyism and the hatred for my nuclear plant under my desk i'm actually looking forward to AMD bringing something to the table that slaps the taste out of intels mouth, i dont care who is better, i just want good bang for buck and from what i'm seeing i'll be going 3000K and Navi this year

Soldato
I wonder who's going to be more nervous.....(for clarity the following is a tongue in cheek joke)

intel fanboys
amd fanboys
non fanboys
or the ocuk moderating team - they could well be busy in this thread no mater the outcome :p

I know who my money is on :D

Soldato
No nerves here. Just who will be doing the best deal on the new processors as it is best bang for buck for my needs. (probably not OCUK as they charge a fortune for shipping for me)

Associate
I wonder who's going to be more nervous.....(for clarity the following is a tongue in cheek joke)

intel fanboys
amd fanboys
non fanboys
or the ocuk moderating team - they could well be busy in this thread no mater the outcome :p

I know who my money is on :D

Its gunna be those intel saps, i mean even going with what we know right now about Zen2 is enough to create a queue for the bog in Intels board room.
Of course the next big thing for AMD haters to spew will be about these bloody wee fans... "I ain buying a 16core 5ghz cpu because of a tiny fan" - give me strength..

Soldato
Samsung launched the 8TB NGSFF NF1 drive last year, around June which is PCI-E 4.0 compliant, there just wasn't a commercial system to put it in yet. You can buy one for a mere £2k, will be interesting to see what the can get it to do now it's not stuck on a PCI-E 3.0 config.

Man of Honour
i wonder what it will mean for mitx boards. i'm assuming that these will still be passively cooled, due to size restrictions, won't be able to fit all the i/o options required to burn the southbridge up lol

Permabanned

intel fanboys
amd fanboys
non fanboys
or the ocuk moderating team - they could well be busy in this thread no mater the outcome

Its gunna be those intel saps, i mean even going with what we know right now about Zen2 is enough to create a queue for the bog in Intels board room.
Of course the next big thing for AMD haters to spew will be about these bloody wee fans... "I ain buying a 16core 5ghz cpu because of a tiny fan" - give me strength..

The intel CEO will be the most nervous.

Associate
The intel CEO will be the most nervous.
When you are paid millions a year as a basic salary the possibility of having a smaller bonus or that your stock options are worth less is hardly going to make you that nervous.
If they sack him he'll get a golden parachute so he'll be laughing his ass off.
The staff beneath him might be nervous but not so much him.

Back
Top Bottom