2 xboxes and 1 game pass help required

Man of Honour
Hi guys, I've got an xbox one X and an Xbox One S. Both have separate accounts for my sons. One has a game pass and the other doesnt. I know you can share the game pass so that both machines can play the same games without having to pay twice but I can't get it to work. I've followed a couple of vids showing me what to do, but I must be doing something wrong or not understanding it fully. I've been meaning to sort this for some time. Any help greatly appreciated!

Man of Honour
OP
Sorry.. I still don't follow. Okay each other gamers tag - is that the username? I'm doing this without looking at the xbox so bear with me. So basically this:

Xbox one S logged in as son 1
Xbox one X logged in as son 2

Xbox one S login as son 2
Xbox one X login as son 1

When you say that gamer tag, do you mean both, or one or what? As fas as I know they are already set as home xboxs.. It's confusing :(

Associate
Xbox One X is Son 2's - have Son 1's home Xbox set as this
Xbox One S is Son 1's - have Son 2's home Xbox set as this

The son without the Game Pass subscription can only download what games the Son with Game pass has downloaded - the son without cant browse Game Pass and download as he pleases.

Associate
One person has the main account with live and pass on console 1. On console 2 sign in with console 1 details, set console 2 as the home account. Should be it from memory. Then when the person signs into console 2 with there own account they should have your live and gamepass. Keep your account on console 2 as well.

Associate
that's how we do it but we ahve 4 xboxes. I my account has live/gamepass. I have logged my account in on all the xboxs. when my son's want to play something they login as me, start the game then switch to their accounts and boom... off they go.

only issue is that if I am logged in then my account gets logged out and I loose whatever progress I had in the game I was on.

Man of Honour
OP
I think it’s finally working although I wish there was some obvious system label to tell me if they are shared. Little quality of life improvement. It turns out I had the wrong Xbox set to home which prevented the sharing from working. Then I had another little worry when we couldn’t share a game. Turns out it was installed on a separate hard drive and I had to copy it over on to the other Xbox before it would work.

So tentatively, thanks very much for all your help.

Soldato
Yeah that happens with remote installs, but sure your mate should get the option of what Xbox he wants to install to

Yeah his home xbox which is mine :p

I'd you get what I mean. Works fine if he installs with his console rather than remote installs on the website of course

Back
Top Bottom