Porsche Owners Thread - If you own one or just like or hate them! :)

Commissario
Well I went to look at that 4S and had a drive and...was a bit underwhelmed.

Don’t think it helped that I didn’t get much of a drive to properly experience it, but it also wasn’t in great nick - rusty alloys and wheel nuts, the trim around the lower door seal/body was not in great shape. It just felt a bit tired inside sadly.
Going to look at that GTS again next week as mrs is keen for a convertible, and it has all of the desirable options.

Soldato
Why did you not get much of a drive? When you are buying this type of car, its fundamental that you get as much seat time as you need. You are the buyer, if you are serious about the purchase and the dealers see this, they will offer you, within reason, all the time you need.

Over two weeks took my car on two extended test drives, covering a mix of roads and my work commute for good measure. I think the salesman must have spent 5hrs plus with me overall, and that included driving another 981 (manual) and a 718 PDK which I dismissed within the first 5 mins.

Associate
I found that Porsche dealers were better than independents on that score. Wilmslow let me try a bunch of cars.

Having said that, I knew a 991 was what I wanted after driving 200 yards when back to backing with Boxsters/cayman etc

Soldato
Well I went to look at that 4S and had a drive and...was a bit underwhelmed.

Don’t think it helped that I didn’t get much of a drive to properly experience it, but it also wasn’t in great nick - rusty alloys and wheel nuts, the trim around the lower door seal/body was not in great shape. It just felt a bit tired inside sadly.
Going to look at that GTS again next week as mrs is keen for a convertible, and it has all of the desirable options.

The engine definitely doesn’t start to come alive until you’re well above 5000 rpm. The roof down and a sports exhaust make the experience much better! Shame that it wasn’t well presented.

Associate
Slightly jumping the gun but has anyone had the Tequipment installed without having Sport Chrono option, to allow the Porsche Track app to work?

If it costs a few a few 100, I may look at AiM or vbox instead for my inner track day geek.

Also, phone holders for track day use, I have an S8, any ideas for good secure holders ?

Commissario
Further to my search for a 911, I've found a GTS with all the desirable options that's a bit better priced for me and I'm going to look at it on Friday. The only slight concern is it's on 77,000 miles - is this anything I should be concerned about for a 2011 car?

Soldato
Further to my search for a 911, I've found a GTS with all the desirable options that's a bit better priced for me and I'm going to look at it on Friday. The only slight concern is it's on 77,000 miles - is this anything I should be concerned about for a 2011 car?

Personally my only concern would be how many miles I intend to put on it and how long I want to keep it, if you're going to be wanting rid at a time when it's clocked over 100k it really puts you in a different market unfortunately.

Condition, History, Spec and Colour would always rank above age & mileage for me.

Commissario
Personally my only concern would be how many miles I intend to put on it and how long I want to keep it, if you're going to be wanting rid at a time when it's clocked over 100k it really puts you in a different market unfortunately.

Condition, History, Spec and Colour would always rank above age & mileage for me.
Thanks Chris.

This is the vehicle I'm going to see - https://www.ashgood.co.uk/vehicle-details/Used-Porsche-911-Carrera-Gts-Cabriolet-Pdk-For-Sale-U1081

Commissario
Well I went to have a look at the above vehicle earlier and it seemed to tick all of the boxes for me; it had electric seats but not as adjustable as the other GTS I looked that - they looked like this one -

Mu8WTnS.jpg

The only other small gripe was the steering wheel was a multi-function wheel so didn't have the proper buttons. Not sure how much of a problem that is in the grand scheme of things.

olv

olv

Soldato
There are three different seats in 9X7 models. Basic seats, hard backed sports seats and bucket seats. Basic seats can have half manual/half electric adjustment and 14 way full electric adjustment (as pictured). The hard back seats also come in half manual/half electric and 18 way electric adjustment.

The paddle shift wheel is about £1000 to retrofit but if it had multifunction controls on the wheel you would lose those functions.

I had the non-paddle button wheel in my Boxster and whilst they are functional I would definitely get a proper paddle wheel next time.

Commissario
Thanks @olv , I think these are the 14 way then and the other GTS had 18 way.

They did mention about retrofitting the sports steering wheel if I wanted but I would probably see how I get on with that one for the time being.

Just getting my finance options in check and seeing who is the best bet before pulling the trigger!

olv

olv

Soldato
Yeah, odd to see those seats and the normal in a GTS.

It’s the worst thing about shopping for second hand Porsches, specs are all over the place. Makes it a nightmare.

Soldato
Yeah, odd to see those seats and the normal in a GTS.

It’s the worst thing about shopping for second hand Porsches, specs are all over the place. Makes it a nightmare.

Even worse is that they're all in boring colour combinations! Silver and black, black and black, grey and black, white and black. Arrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh. I've given up twice.

Commissario
Even worse is that they're all in boring colour combinations! Silver and black, black and black, grey and black, white and black. Arrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhh. I've given up twice.
I don't mind the silver and black too much, if I had found one in yellow then I would sell a kidney.

Soldato
We had a drive of this 991 last week when going for a browse at the OPC.

Lovely car with the sport exhaust and the red interior was great. Hated the old style wheel and silly dual sided push button paddle things and the fact it's quite expensive :D

It also didn't feel as fast as I thought it would. Cracking sound and a good pull, but it felt slower than the m50d even though it clearly isn't!

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-Targa-4S-72307

I don't mind the silver and black too much, if I had found one in yellow then I would sell a kidney.

Nice wee yellow 996 C4S:
http://www.burevalleyclassics.co.uk/listings/porsche-911-carrera-4s-2/

Now this is pretty:
http://www.burevalleyclassics.co.uk/listings/porsche-911-turbo-930/

Soldato
We had a drive of this 991 last week when going for a browse at the OPC.

Lovely car with the sport exhaust and the red interior was great. Hated the old style wheel and silly dual sided push button paddle things and the fact it's quite expensive :D

It also didn't feel as fast as I thought it would. Cracking sound and a good pull, but it felt slower than the m50d even though it clearly isn't!

https://finder.porsche.com/gb/en_GB/911-Targa-4S-72307

That's a "powerful" interior :p

Back
Top Bottom