Three kingdoms - Total War

Soldato
There is an option now on their site.

I bought mine about 3 weeks ago, there was just the one option. It never said anything about the free DLC.

They added the option to buy with DLC yesterday, along with buying the DLC for £1.99 separately. Out of principle now I wont buy from them, really slimy of them to do that

definitely bought mine before yesterday, but yea I totally agree, it is a bit slimy what they're doing.

Associate
I have not bought the game as yet, but have been reading some reviews of which a few are writing about problems getting the game to play
while others consider the game a mess, so what problems if any have you seen so far and do you consider the price paid has been worth it?

TY

Soldato
Need to nerf the arrow towers, but apart from that I've had about 15 hours with one random crash, wasn't an issue with it auto saving every turn.

Soldato
I have not bought the game as yet, but have been reading some reviews of which a few are writing about problems getting the game to play
while others consider the game a mess, so what problems if any have you seen so far and do you consider the price paid has been worth it?

TY

I'd be interested in reading those reviews if you could point me in the right direction.

Soldato

TY

Not sure who's saying that? Reddit and YouTube are full of praise.

No crashes or bugs in 12 hours for me.

It's the best TW yet and I've been around from the start. The campaign and art style are both excellent.

Soldato
Not sure who's saying that? Reddit and YouTube are full of praise.

No crashes or bugs in 12 hours for me.

It's the best TW yet and I've been around from the start. The campaign and art style are both excellent.

Yh not sure who is saying that aside from the isolated cases which will always be the way with any pc release due to multitude of configurations, PEBCAK etc.

Soldato
Sorely tempted to buy this, I love Warhammer 1 and 2.

But my only worry is variety. Is there as much faction and army variety as the Warhammer games?
Does it have as much replayabilty?

Associate
OP
Enjoying this, the campaign depth is a lot better than previous total wars. Only gripe is the MG42 wooden towers which need a massive nerf as said previously.

I hope Ca introduce some of the campaign features of this into warhammer 3.

Soldato
Sorely tempted to buy this, I love Warhammer 1 and 2.

But my only worry is variety. Is there as much faction and army variety as the Warhammer games?
Does it have as much replayabilty?

I wouldn't really call the warhammer games proper total war games as they play very differently imo. They're great games and fun in their own right, though quite shallow compared to the historical games but they have more diverse character and unit pools and play styles. I think if you're a fan of the historical games 3k is a no brainer but dont expect the same character and unit variety as warhammer as that's a function of the fantasy setting.

Replayability depends on the person as whilst I have 100s of hours in other tw games I only ever managed 1 or 2 campaigns in each of wh1 and wh2 mainly due to how shallow the campaign map gameplay was, though I know others clocked a lot more.

Associate
I don't remember where I saw the reviews (possibly Steam), but it was when the game was out for half a day or so and I do understand that was way too early to really look, but I want the game badly, but was worried as other games had problems.
Currently I am watching an individual play while he explains the history and gameplay during the game, which I find is quite interesting and I am leaning towards buying it very soon so TY for all of the input on this.
The channel if anybody is interested in hearing about the hsitory and watching a nice game:

Last edited:
Soldato
Worth watching the 2010 TV series of three kingdoms currently on episode 30 out of 95, absolutely brilliant. It can be found on YouTube at 1080p.

Soldato
Worth a watch is got all the characters from the game and plus ones you didn't know anything about in the game are fleshed out in the series making them really interesting. It's based on the romance of the three kingdoms and it's very well done.

Associate
It's the best release of any TW game I can recall, I am enjoying it a lot! The depth of pretty much all aspects are streets ahead of any of the previous games. If any TW game disappointed since the fiasco of Rome 2 (or before) then this is the one to get.

Associate
Enjoying this game, however I am getting random CTD on Campaign Map turns (and a loud Air Fan from the CPU!!!). I would love them to quickly return to Thrones of Britain and redesign the Families & Generals relationships like Three Kingdoms. I love the fluid combat animations in ToB, which makes it harder for me to return to Attila.
Also, SEGA - dig into those money pockets of yours and get the Game of Thrones license for CA. We desperately need a TW:GoT game NOW!!

Soldato
Also, SEGA - dig into those money pockets of yours and get the Game of Thrones license for CA. We desperately need a TW:GoT game NOW!!

Yes! I've been wanting this for years. I wouldn't rule it out, but I don't see them doing another fantasy series until the Warhammer trilogy has been well and truly milked dry. It's a pity the Westeros mod for MedII TW never really got finished (not that the old engine could handle flying units etc).

Back
Top Bottom