What have you done to your car today?

Soldato
Paint looks lovely indeed, and the climate/palms, too.

first change of Final drive oil 75w90 semi-syn - Bentley got it wrong told me m52/6 - 1.7litres, but it was coming out at 1.1L, which Haynes suggested. ..
wondered, if I hadn't tipped the car enough, but couldn't get any more out.
and, of course, the bolt dropped in the mouth of the oil catch reservoir - choking the exit, so that was near overflow.

Soldato
Edited first of a few videos from our trip to the 'Ring at the start of the month. We hired a track spec Clio RS which was hilarious. Here's my second of two laps :) Please lets not comment on my poor gear selection. It's been 2 and a half years since i drove a manual and it's abundantly clear :p

Soldato
Took the exhaust off the MPS.

The mechanic I paid to fit it did not use any assembly paste. Also they used the incorrect bolts on the downpipe. So I had 3 joins, all with leaks.

Anyway, I pulled it all apart, wire drill attachment on every join and mating surface.
Cleared some rust off bits.

Reassembled the entire thing with Moly exhaust repair paste. Also renewed the donut gaskets.

Fit some new hangers whilst I was at it.

No more vibration due to incorrect bolts, no more leaking noise of gas smell on cabin.

Good job all round. Really pleased with myself haha.

It's a COBRA exhaust, really nice sound when cruising around town and has zero drone when commuting.

Soldato
Shouldn't need any paste on a flat flange and a decent gasket.
??
I don't have any flat flanges.

Two are donut gaskets.
Two are clamp on joins.

With the amount of reported horror stories by you regarding incorrectly fitted parts you should probably just do them all yourself in the first place.
Yep.

I try and save myself time. And instead cost myself time and money. -.-

Last edited by a moderator:
Associate
Not today but over the weekend on the Volvo.

- Replaced pollen filter, wasn't too fun, CEM out and very tight fit getting the new filter in behind the dash
- Drained coolant and fixed coolant weep by heater matrix - Lots of dash out, another ballache job
- Cleaned throttle body, cars on 100k now and it's never been cleaned - Not easy getting that out either due to location and tight engine bay but job done, noticeable improvement at idle and accelerating
- Gave it a good wash :)

Back
Top Bottom