• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Do any manufacturers allow you to remove the stock cooler?

Soldato
And by "allow" i mean not voiding the warranty if you remove the stock cooler in order to install a water block.

Thanks

Soldato
Zotac is a no no. Theyre a bit crap with the warranty too, has to be registered straight away to get the 5 years out of them.

Suppose it's not that big an issue if you're the original buyer but if it's second hand, there's no warranty.

Soldato
Zotac is a no no. Theyre a bit crap with the warranty too, has to be registered straight away to get the 5 years out of them.

Suppose it's not that big an issue if you're the original buyer but if it's second hand, there's no warranty.

Its quite good that you get 5 years.. Cannot complain really compared to 2 years on some brands.

Soldato
Its quite good that you get 5 years.. Cannot complain really compared to 2 years on some brands.

It's not bad if you register for that extra warranty for sure. My 980Ti was dying for new paste so once the warranty was confirmed to be out (because it hadn't been registered in that initial period), I chucked some Kryonaught on it and it was a totally different card - quiet, cool, and would OC nicely.

When I did ask them about fans though, they told me just to look on eBay for them which was annoying. I had to pull the cooler and get the PN's myself for the fans.

Soldato
OP
So if you were to buy a reference AMD card which brand would you go for to give you the best chance of leaving the warranty intact after removing the cooler?

Back
Top Bottom