Summer Transfer Thread 2019

Soldato
Why would a player choose man utd over any of those other teams? I can see your argument in the abstract but my comments relate to a player considering Man Utd Vs those other teams.

a player who isn't going to be 1st choice for any of those teams straight away, so might sit on the bench 75% of the time vs playing majority of games for Utd.

Impossible to say specifically without mentioning specific players - but it wouldn't be that much of a miracle to hear some players choosing Utd over the others , who for the most part have mature teams and only need "options" for the most part

I tend to believe when a player performs one week and not the next, that its the job of the manager and coaching staff to motivate them and get the best out of him. Look at Sanchez, was great for us, but goes there and does nothing. I can't believe he has become useless so quickly, something else must be wrong.

to be fair he wasn't performing at his peak in the last 6 months + at arsenal either

In a United shirt yes. He was one of the best players at last years world cup and when Ole was at the wheel he was an utter beast. Then again it is up to them to get the best out of him and keep him performaing next season.

Vary rarely to club teams perform like Internationals anyway so that comparision is a bit of a non-starter.

Ole was at the wheel in the last 10 matches when for the most part Pogba was invisible / back to his JM ways

Its not just Pogba's fault, by any means - but he isn't as good as some like to believe.

Im sure he would be a monster in La Liga or back at Juve (where the team is leagues ahead of majority of their rivals) - he could concentrate for 20 minutes - 1/2 an hour per game and blow everyone else away, which just isn't possible even for Man City / Liverpool in the EPL due to the competitiveness. For the other hour how could do all the fancy footwork and tricks etc that go well on snapchat etc but rarely work in the EPL

Last edited:
Caporegime
to be fair he wasn't performing at his peak in the last 6 months + at arsenal
But the fact remains that he was still contributing to arsenal even though he wanted out. Something that he hadn’t done at Utd even with his supposedly high wages. I think Arsenal got him at his peak and when he left, he was on a downward spiral. But then who knows?? Perhaps next season if he’s still at Utd he may become the player you want him to be...or maybe not :p

Caporegime
So Hazard up for sale at £130mill, not a bad price considering what some players are going for. Still in his prime as well, so guess it’s up to Real if they want to fork out that money to get him next season.

Soldato
You could say that about a lot of players barring Messi and Ronaldo. I mean Richarlison of Everyon is being touted as a £100mill player, which is quite frankly laughable in every single respect.
Well that's just Everton in general :p

No player In reality is worth a million it's just how football works.

Excluding Ronaldo and Messi there is very few even close to the 80 million mark imo

Soldato
Really gutted at the thought of Eriksen going. He is truly a rare player; talent mixed with the right personality to excel and be a difference maker on the pitch and in the dressing room. I love his Scandi calm detachment.

He has been making us tick for so long, I dont know who could replace him. In particular, in tough games he is often the one to come up with magic.

Don
Is it a given that he'll leave? I know he's going into the last year of his contract but other than a few soft links to Real (and they've been linked with everyone) there's been very little speculation linking him with other clubs.

Soldato
Is it a given that he'll leave? I know he's going into the last year of his contract but other than a few soft links to Real (and they've been linked with everyone) there's been very little speculation linking him with other clubs.
I think Real are going in very strongly for him. I think he is mad to go to Real other than for the money. Horrific club to play for.

Back
Top Bottom