Biker's Cafe Chatroom

Soldato
Ok thanks. I'll leave it then, don't want to go poking around in case I mess something up. :D

What's your take on brake seals/hose? Service manual says to change them every 2 and 4 years respectively.

And where do you get the sump plug washers from? I've been looking around but can't seem to find one specifically for the YBR?? The only thing I've found is this from eBay: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Yamaha-YBR-125-ED-2012-2013-CC-Oil-Drain-Sump-Bolt-Washer/400877634658 And even then, will it fit my 2017 model?

Last edited:
Soldato
IF the sump plug is on a flat surface (not too familiar with the YBR) dont see why you cannot just use any washer that'll fit.

On my SV 650 you are supposed to get these special "use once" crush washers I have never bothered just use a regular one.

With the hoses/seals just eyeball them, the ones my my bike are 15 years old and fine.

Associate
I've spent far too much money with them over the last 5 years and never had any problems with what they delivered, you must have gotten the new boy!

Looks like it! I ordered Knox Nexos gloves, Came with a clear bag with the label Knox Nexos on it but it's Knox Orsa's inside.

Soldato
^^ Those kinds of speeds are mental! I've seen videos of people manouvering the motorway at not quite that speed, but 250+.. I think I'd be scared s...less even just getting up to speed.

Can anyone help me out.. When I got back from a ride this morning I could hear a high pitch noise. It's very quiet so I'm not sure if it was there before today. I started in dry, but it started raining halfway through my ride so was in the rain for about 20 minutes or so. It sounds like it's coming from the tank. It actually lowers in pitch if I squeeze the brake lever, then goes back to a higher pitch once I release the lever. Any ideas?

Soldato
It is the fuel pump. At idle you get very little charging current from the alternator, and the brake light pulls down the system voltage down a bit.

Fuel injection pumps always make some noise but if it's got noticeably louder there may be a problem with the pump. Is there any problem with performance e.g. fuel starvation symptoms at high RPM/wide open throttle or poor starting?

Last edited:
Soldato
It's not loud and I can barely hear it when my helmet's on, but I can't be sure it wasn't there a week ago. I have no problems at all. I guess I'll just keep an eye on it. Thanks :)

How about the other thing ^ any ideas?

Soldato
"at the start of the day, the gear has slipped into 1st from neutral"

Do you mean you leave the bike in neutral but it's in first when you get back to it, or it jumps into first when you start it?

Soldato
Yeah I leave the bike in neutral but it's in first when get to it.

I read it as happening overnight. I reckon someone's cat is sitting on it :)

:D I have a cover on it. It's also happened when I didn't have a cover on it (and I only left it for 20 minutes), before you say I might have accidentally hit the shifter when putting the cover on.

It was fine today actually. Perhaps I'm sometimes not clicking it exactly in place?

Transmission breaker
Don
I found a 1988 cbr400rr at a breakers, and the guy is packing up his business. Managed to agree to buy it on Sunday, for £250 (was listed for £325)
Its still got a registration on it, and looks like it was off the road since 2005. It was apparently bought at a Police auction many years ago, but he has lost all the history of the bike and just needs to clear the yard.
I was looking for something to take to bits again, and this seemed like a fun little bike to tinker with! Apparently the engine does turn, but the wiring is a bit of a mess, no battery and loads of fairings missing.

I hear they are great to ride, and rev to something crazy like 17k? I figure for the money its a decent gamble!

Back
Top Bottom