Dual exhaust not connected to back box

Soldato
My petrol Octy vRS has exits on both sides, but the exits only just reach the "cosmetic tips". So it will exhaust out of the tips, but they really aren't part of the exhaust system.
The diesel version only has a single exit point, but a fake tip doing literally nothing on the other side.

Soldato
My petrol Octy vRS has exits on both sides, but the exits only just reach the "cosmetic tips". So it will exhaust out of the tips, but they really aren't part of the exhaust system.
The diesel version only has a single exit point, but a fake tip doing literally nothing on the other side.
Octavia vRS is one of the worst offenders for this. The actual exhaust doesn't even line up with the fake plasti-chrome tip :D

Soldato
Surely that is going to end up damaging the plastic after a while, being directed right at it like that O_o
It won't on the standard diffuser but some aftermarket diffusers do warp because of it and so suggest an extension piece to the exhaust to direct the inner pipe towards the metal tip piece.

Soldato
That's a shocking fit though, even the fake part doesn't fit properly. It's about 1/2 inch to small for the slot and isn't the right shape lol.

"Close enough, the customer is to dumb to notice and even if they do we don't care" -VAG... Is what that says. Makes me wonder what else they bodged (apart from emissions tests).

Last edited:
Associate
Don’t feel like you been done over.
The poor spaceship civic started this and on some they have downfireing pipes with dummy straight ends at the tips. So you see the end of the pipe though the tip but the fumes pool on the floor from behind the bumper

Back
Top Bottom